Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Journeyman

Re: 10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Jon

Take no personal offense.

unlock/ROOT/4.2.1/lock is the only way to get us to a level of service we had months ago.

How much support did us Nexus owners get when the Nexus was dropped for the 4.4 ROM just days before its development.

We are the owners of the "Google Experience" that sprint sales people sold us on "first for updates and future 4G/LTE as well."

We are just starting to get 4G/LTE in more markets and it has become useless with the 4.3 OTA update.

We don't have a choice but seek out developer solutions. That is what are phone is a developers platform to make our services and apps better.

A lot of us are still in contract and would like to enjoy all the features are phone is capable of that worked with the 4.2 Rom.

Samsung isn't saying anything - they want you to buy a new phone.

Sprint isn't saying anything - they want you to buy a new phone and be locked in another 2 year contract.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't installed the 4.3 OTA update yet.

It is there waiting to shut down and install.

Give us a 4.2 rollback or a OTA 4.3X patch that works.

Sprint, Samsung and Google has made a ton of money off the Nexus and the Google Experience.

How many owners are bragging about the 4.3 update new features? (cricket's?)

Best thing we can say is the ICS and JB updates from a year ago.

We want our phone functions and features to work.

Journeyman

Exactly!  Reason I bought the Nexus was the sales person said Samsung & Google were going to keep it up to date with the latest updates!  The features on the stock rom miss out features I like.  Give us an option other than looking for new service or having to wait for upgrade available on our contract.

Master

Scott7710, 

We do understand your frustration and your feedback has been notated for any future updates. 

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Has there been any update as to the resolution of this issue?  Will the connection problem be addressed?  In two more months, it will be more cost-effective for me to pay the ETFs and leave Sprint.  So I just need to know if you plan on doing anything.  That will be the deciding factor.

Master

rlbrand

We apologize for the delay in getting this issue resolved. We are still addressing the issue. Please continue to bear with us.

Omar 

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

These problems aren't new.  They've been ongoing since Sprint pushed out the update to Android 4.3 last fall.  Since that time, I've had intermittent service.  How would Sprint like it if I just paid an intermittent bill?  It's inexcusable that this issue has not yet been resolved.  How do we get this escalated?  Personally, I feel ripped off.  I'm paying for service and not getting it.  I miss calls and text messages and emails because my phone loses its connection since the update to 4.3.  Why should I continually have to toggle into airplane mode to maintain a connection for the most basic of services?

Journeyman

I'm not only frustrated with the missed calls and text but the battery life.  I almost have to keep it connected or be near a power source to give it a quick charge.  It's been annoying having to remember about powering the phone off and on to re-acquire a signal.  A roll back option or fix soon would be great.  I'm starting to look at other phone and other carriers as a fix if Sprint and/or Samsung can't get things corrected.

Journeyman

Searching for signal is the biggest battery killer. You phone can also overheat so be careful.

I was having problems with my phones PRL sticking. It would not update my PRL or APN and this lead to no data and could only connect to digital roaming. Just curious, when you go to Settings > About Phone > Status, what is listed for:

Network:

Signal strength:

Mobile Network Type:

Service State:

Roaming:

Mobile Network State:

PRL version:

Master

rrquintanilla

I can certainly understand your frustration. We are working with Samsung to develop an update to correct this concern as quickly as possible. I would recommend contacting Samsung directly for additinal information for a possible timeline.

Alex

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has to do with software, not hardware. Why would you be working with the hardware manufacturer to correct a software concern?

Journeyman

@ out-of-contract: Here's the info you were wanting to know about.  I check with Airave on and off as well with the Wifi on or off.  Think there are other comb's to check but just did those as noted.

Network: Sprint
Signal Strength:  -65 dBm  16 asu  (via Airave)    -105 dBu  1 aus   (with Airave Off)

Mobil Network type:     CDMA - eDVO Ver A (Airwave on Wifi On)   CDMA - eHRPD (Airave Off Wifi off)   CDMA - 1xRTT  (Airwave On Wifi Off)
Service State: In Service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile network state: Disconnected  (wifi on)           Connected (wifi off)
PRL version:  25017

If you want more info about status let me know and I'll pass on.

out-of-contract wrote:

This has to do with software, not hardware. Why would you be working with the hardware manufacturer to correct a software concern?

Samsung is the one that produced the updates for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. They also do all the updates for their other phones...they don't just provide the hardware.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat