cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Master

Re: 10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

br14nw,

Thank you for the feedback. In most cases the software is fully created and distributed by the manufacturer but in the case of the Nexus since it is a true Google device) it is Samsung and Google that work to devise and push out the software on the network.  As we are well aware there are many factors that can make a OS rollout successful or dreadful and even with the smoothest roll out there will always be some kinks to iron out.  A good source for questions regarding the software is obviously the manufacturer but in this case Google is also helpful.  This link has contact information that can be very useful: https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

rrquintanilla

It has been a while since your last post. I wanted to touch base with you in order to see if you have noticed any improvement. Please let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

No improvement in service or in feedback.  Last I heard is the issue is being looked and but no info offered as to a time frame for a fix.  Still having to rely on powering down unit when data is lost and there continues to be a drain on the battery that's worse when this loss of data occurs.  STILL waiting patiently for a roll back or fix to the problems that begun with the 4.3 roll out.  I'm like others - having the choice between waiting for this problem to be resolved or look at other carriers that can resolve these time of issues where the customer isn't left with poor performance out of their handsets or with Customer Care / Tech Dept.

thank you,

Richard Q

Master

rrquintanilla,

Thanks for your post and letting us know; please private message us with your Sprint number and pin so we can better assist.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Master

coasterphotos,

Thanks for your feedback. While it is true that  5 Mbps is all you really need to experience most data applications, data speeds are important as they test the true power of a Network and we are building a Network that can and will deliver very fast download speeds leveraging our spectrum assets. I live in NYC and BLOW AWAY our competitors with Spark (in most locations, not all, we still have work to do). Its all coming together and soon everyone will enjoy this new technology and the power of multi spectrum LTE.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Master

ryancell81,

I understand the excitement to obtain the update for fixes. Please do let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Sorry, but Sprint tests these updates before they roll out. Saying that Sprint has nothing to do with it is simply irresponsible.

It doesn't matter though. I ended up buying a Nexus 5 and as of Saturday, I'm officially off Sprint and paying month to month with AT&T. The difference in service quality is night and day. Location reminders are quick and spot on. Data is blazing fast and the coverage for it is fantastic. I was paying $120/month to Sprint for 900 minutes and unlimited data and now I'm paying $85 for 2GB of data and unlimited talk time. I'll have to pay a $99 ETF to Sprint, but that doesn't matter since AT&T is giving me a $100 statement credit next month for the new line of service I opened. So that evens things out.

All in all I would recommend jumping ship to everyone on this thread. If you can afford the investment, go with a new Nexus device and never get on contract with a carrier ever again. 

Journeyman

Since this issue has been going on since the update last October 2013, is there a remote possibility of seeing a fix soon?  My contract is up in October 2014, and it would be kind of nice to have adequate service for the remainder of my term.  As of now, Sprint is not giving me any reason to stay as a customer, since they are clearly not taking any responsibility for this issue.  How hard is it to roll back the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've said it before and will say it again, this device is no longer supported. Therefore it will not receive any future updates and Sprint, Google, and Samsung will not send a fix for this. I mean anything is possible but no one should hold their breath.

It's not hard to roll back or side load a previous factory image. You need the proper drivers installed on your computer and some know-how on what you're doing. Search google and you will see. Nexus phones are Developer devices which makes them the easiest to tinker with

Master

br14nw,

Thanks for posting. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We're definitely sorry to hear that you've left us. I hope in the future you'd consider coming back. If so, we'd welcome you with open arms.

Best Regards,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

rlbrand,

Thanks for posting. We're anticipating a fix to be issued directly from the manufacture. We definitely do not want to see you go, and want to keep you as a satisfied customer. In the event there is a remote possibility to roll back the update, this well be something an in store technicians will be best able to assist you with. Feel free to visit a S&R center for additional assistance. To locate a store nearby, visit www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

out-of-contract,

Thanks for posting. We appreciate your input and suggestion. Customer are cautioned from trying to roll back the previous software version without seeking the assistance of certified technicians or the support of the manufacture. Please keep us posted should you have any additional concerns you'd like us to address.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat