10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Wizard

10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Updates the device to Jelly Bean version 4.3

Important Notes:

- Software version is: GJ04

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period.

Device selection is random

- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for install instructions

203 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Any chance we can get some more details on the "enhancements and fixes"?  There's got to be a change log somewhere.

Changes in 4.3 can be found on Google's site.

http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

And before you upgrade....better decide if hardware video acceleration is important to you or not

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=59020

Also, this will be the last update for the Galaxy Nexus. Google will not be releasing 4.4 KitKat for it (any version, not just Sprint).

Journeyman

Has Google said why they're not going to release 4.4 to the galaxy nexus?

Not that I've seen. A rumor is that it is because of the processor it uses which is different than that in all the newer Nexus devices. TI no longer makes or supports mobile processors such as the one in the Galaxy Nexus.

Journeyman

Thanks for the info I think it sucks that a product from Googles flagship line would stop getting support but its understandable with the change in technology.

Journeyman

Got the update but issues with internet connections.  Anyone else having same issues?

Journeyman

I still have not gotten the update

Journeyman

I am also having issues with internet connection. I have done the toggle data dance to bring it back. Today I am trying just using 3G setting instead of automatically switching between LTE and 3G. I believe the last update had the same issues.

Journeyman

Got a response from Samsung concerning the data connection after 4.3 update - basically a hard reset... Here's what they said:

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your email, we understand that you are not able to connect the apps using Mobile data.

We would like to inform you that Samsung technical department didn’t receive the issues regarding the same. However, we will provide you with the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue started after Software update on the phone, to fix it the device need to be reset to the factory defaults. We should inform you that Factory Reset will set the phone to factory defaults and erase all the information. Back up the data on the phone to PC before reset. Please follow the below mentioned steps for Factory Reset.

1. Power off the handset.

2. Press and hold both Volume keys, then press and hold the Power key until the Bootloader displays.

3. Use the Volume keys to scroll to Recovery. Touch the Power key to select.

4. Wait for the Recovery screen to load. When the Recovery screen appears, press and hold the Power key, then press the Volume Up key.

5. When the Android system recover menu appears, release the Volume Up key and the Power key.

6. Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset. Touch the Power key to select.

7. Use the Volume keys to scroll to Yes and touch the Power key to select.

8. Wait for the reset to finish. While reboot system now is selected, touch the Power key to reboot the headset.

We are positive this will resolve the issue.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.