cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/7 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700.FH05 (Jelly Bean)

Highlighted
Master

9/7 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700.FH05 (Jelly Bean)

Nexus Software Update - L700.FH05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Operating system upgrade Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.  Below is a list of a few changes:

- Notification Bar – Expanded view of emails

- Meeting Makers – more information to notification bar.  Provides the ability to snooze and dismiss meetings from the notification bar.

- Addition of Google Now (online search):

• Voice search
    • Integrated approach to search features within Google services

Important Notes:

- Software version is: L700.FH05

- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period. Device selection is random

- Refer to the Samsung Nexus Software Update blog for install instructions

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 9/7 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700.FH05 (Jelly Bean)

I'm not understanding why the update is OTA only. If the build is official and being pushed why not give us the option of waiting for the OTA or manually installing it. Now I have to twiddle my thumbs and wait for the day(between 10 & 21 seriously??) I power on my phone and an update is available. It just seems really ridiculous to not just make it available for download for those of us who can safely install it on our own. But knowing you guys from a marketing perspective, didn't wanna update the phone to begin with.

The only way to manually install the update without rooting would result in a complete reset of the phone...which is why they don't do it. The files are out there on other sites if you want to do it yourself, but you will lose everything on your phone.

Journeyman

about time you gave google the updated radios and binarys to send out the ota next time why not just tell us what is going on ahead of time so people dont flip out

ajf64 wrote:

about time you gave google the updated radios and binarys to send out the ota next time why not just tell us what is going on ahead of time so people dont flip out

The update for the Sprint version comes from Samsung, not Google. FH05 is a Samsung build #.

Notice the build number is JRO30U.L700FH05 on the Sprint version. The GSM version and Verizon Galaxy Nexus don't have anything after the Google version (JRO30U).

Heck, the Google version in Sprint's release is even newer than has been pushed out to US GSM phones. The GSM phones are on JRO30C

Which phones are update by Google, which ones are updated by Samsung...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1728555

Journeyman

not true the FH05 refers to the basband version and is supplied by sprint the jro30u is the google android os version witch is created buy google and google is the only one who can push a ota update to any nexus google just was waiting on the JB drivers for cdma and lte from sprint

I am not talking about the baseband version. I'm talking about the build number which is JRO30U.L700FH05. None of the other Nexus phones in the US have a build number like that, only Sprint...because Samsung updates it. Did you look at the link I posted?

Here are some more links to show what I'm talking about:

Test version of Jelly Bean on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/29/download-new-jelly-bean-radios-ff02fg02-for-verizon-galaxy-nexu...

Jelly Bean on the US GSM Galaxy Nexus

http://ubergadget.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-manually-flash-todays-jelly-bean.html

Jelly Bean on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98050?start=7&tstart=0

Notice the Sprint one is the only one with a build # that is more than just the Google OS build version.

Also look at the kernel build version. The kernel version will take on the username and name of the system it was built on. The GSM and Verizon one are the same...the Sprint one is different.

To further clarify...look at this screenshot from a Galaxy S 3 (It is the verizon one...but still proves the point)

http://androidheadlines.com/2012/07/verizon-galaxy-s3-receiving-update-to-vrlg1-includes-new-kernel-...

The username and system name in the kernel version are really similiar to the one in the JB kernel for the Nexus...and we all know Google doesn't update the S3. (and I'm sure Samsung has more than 1 system they build Android on).

Journeyman

you will notice that all sprint phones have the radio tags after them that is becouse the radios are papratairy to sprint and are not open sourced to the vendors that is why they have the radio versions at the end of the firmware tag the radio updates do not come from samsung they come from sprint since they are the ones that own and develop the radio drivers samsung only builds the radio chipset to there specifications. In the end its a sprint thing samsung has nothing to do with it its just how sprint works things verizons lte and cdm drivers are public

That is not the radio tag, that is the build version of the software on the phone. You can have different radio versions and build versions.

What about the link I posted to XDA? What about the different ID's in kernel builds?

And no, Sprint does not own and develop the radio drivers.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.