cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY NEXUS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY NEXUS?

I've been a little upset at Sprint, Needless to say I was Pushed into buying a GALAXY Nexus this year for my upgrade at the Sprint Store. Ive been mad that Sprint lacks Updates for this phone. I am the consumer and as a company Sprint should hear from the customers point of view instead. I feel like I was ripped off! The phone is 2 years old and still no updates? Sprint should look in to this for I may be switching phone companies if not corrected. ETF than switch to tmobile. they offer better plans and upgrade when you want? Come on Sprint...............

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY NEXUS?

rbortron,

We're sorry that you feel this way and we surely don't want you to leave. Sprint doesn't do the upgrades for the devices. The manufactures do. Samsung pushes the software over the air to the devices. You can go to samsung.com. If you have anymore questions or have anymore problems feel free to reach out to us. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Highlighted
Journeyman

First of all, your answer is borderline passive aggressive. Go to samsung.com, really? That's not helpful.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RESPONSE FROM SAMSUNG:

Nevian: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

MIKE: I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus w/ SPrint

Nevian: Please go ahead with your query.

MIKE: Sprint say to contact Samsung that the Android 4.3 update is pushed by OEM

MIKE: I noticed the update was pushed to all GSM Galaxy Nexus

MIKE: But no CDMA?

Nevian: I would like to inform you that the 4.3 update is not yet released for the Galaxy Nexus phones.

Nevian: The latest update that is available as per our database is 4.2.1 only.

MIKE: that's unfortunate

Nevian: I understand your concern.

Nevian: You will get a notification on your phone when the 4.3 update is released.

MIKE: can you confirm if there will be update? I dont want to be wasting my time on a phone I really set high hopes for..

Nevian: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

MIKE: No just needed a straight answer from Samsung Tech instead of sprint

Nevian: I am sorry; This is only a technical support for the issues with your unit. We do not have the information on the future products/softwares.

Nevian: We cannot assure that as we do not have any information on the future updates and I do not want to provide any false information to you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

rbortron,

We're sorry that the 4.3 software has not been released as of yet.  Like Nevian said it will be pushed to your phone and you will get a notification on your device. If Sprint can help with any other questions, Please feel free to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Highlighted
Journeyman

More evidence of the runaround we're getting from Sprint and Samsung....hopefully neither will be allowed to carry/supply a Nexus device in the future. Is there anywhere we can post this that is more transparent to the public? Note that I am the only person that has contacted Samsung about this issue...lol. I with I would have not stated that it was not a Sprint issue...because it is...it's Sprint and Samsung.

General Info

Chat start time Aug 7, 2013 12:50:52 PM EST
Chat end time Aug 7, 2013 1:10:56 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:20:04
Operator Mikayla

Chat Transcript

Mikayla: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: Hi, I just wanted to know when my Sprint Galaxy Nexus would be updated to Android 4.3?
Mikayla: I'm sorry, so far 4.3 update is not yet released for any of the devices.  You will be alerted on your phone if this update is available.
Mikayla: Please keep checking link mentioned below to know if 4.3. update is available for your phone:
Visitor: The GSM version has the update. Just not Sprint's and Verizon's.
Visitor: I bought this phone specifically because it was marketed as a Pure Google Experience device...meaning I would get the updates immediately
Visitor: And Google released the update 2 weeks ago. LG devices have the update and other Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices...just not Sprint's
Mikayla: I'm sorry, 4.2. is the update that is the latest update available for your phone.
Visitor: So can I get a refund for my phone then? Since it is not as advertised?
Mikayla: You will receive the update if the update is released for your phone. As the update is not yet released for any of the devices it is not possible to update your phone manually.
Visitor: That's my point...the update has not been released for my phone and it should have been. That is according to how you and Sprint marketed the phone...as a pure google device that would receive the updates first. That's why it has the Nexus branding.
Visitor: Why is Samsung not taking this seriously?
Visitor: It's not Google's fault or Sprint's...this is a Samsung issue
Mikayla: Please be assured. This chat sessions are recorded and reviewed time to time to address all the issues reported.
Mikayla: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
Mikayla: If you wish to suggest any thoughts further you can fill up the survey once I end the chat session.
Visitor: I do not feel assured at all. The only thing I'm sure of is that I won't buy Samsung products because I can't trust what they say.
Visitor: What I want is for Samsung to publicly address this, apologize and give me an exact date when the update will be available
Mikayla: I'm sorry, it is not possible to tell you the time frame.
Mikayla: I would have surely helped you if I had the information.
Visitor: Am I the only person that has contacted Samsung about this?
Visitor: I believe you. I know you would help...but how do you elevate this to where someone who does know will provide more information.
Mikayla: So far we have not received any such reported issues or queries about the update. However, we will be forwarding this with immediate effect.
Visitor: Thanks.
Mikayla: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: I just read your last sentence. You just stated that I am the only person that has contacted Samsung about the Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Nexus. Is that correct?
Mikayla: Yes, you are correct.
Visitor: Ok. Thank you.
Mikayla: You are welcome.
Mikayla: It was nice chatting  with you.
Mikayla: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!
info: Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too contacted Samsung & Sprint, it's like playing a game of tag. I am upset the fact I know more knowledge on devices then these CSR's do from Sprint/Samsung. I was fooled when buying this phone told a "PURE GOOGLE DEVICE" Sprint or Samsung should just refund the customers who bought this phone. It's straight up "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT" not to mention "4g is right around the corner" I've been told that for 5 years??? Here's another big issue, at least for me -- Sprint releasing the phone without a network for it to run on. I'm done with "coming soon" promises from carriers and device makers. I'm only concerned with the here and now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.3 is available for verizon.  You can get the binaries from google right now if you want to build it yourself.  The game between Sprint and Samsung not releasing it for our phone is because of SPRINT!  They will tell you its Samsung but its Sprint who is holding everything back.

I'm Sorry but Sprint has totally dropped the ball on this phone and there network. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

tnerb123,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry that this is an inconvenience but Samsung makes the software and they in the conversation said above that it is not available as of yet. Samsung pushes the software over the air through there server to the devices. "Which Sprint has no access to." You can keep updated on sprint.com/newsroom for the 4.3 software release date. If you have any more questions feel free to reach out to us. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's these smug little canned responses that reinforce my belief that Sprint has no intention whatsoever to address what their customers want. We're locked into a contract, so who cares, right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The OS should be updated as soon as available, max 30 days, for 2 years at minimum. Sprint has the leverage to push phone vendors to update asap. It should be part of agreement between Sprint and the phone manufacturer.

When most GSM version gets upgraded but not CDMA ones, I think it's Sprint's problem.

I own a Galaxy Nexus and got it cause they were suppose to be updated. When GSM versions can be updated same day why not CDMA versions.

Lessons learned, buy phone directly from phone vendor, preferably from Google(Nexus or Google experience device) and go to Tmobile.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You're absolutely right, it is Sprint's fault. They are literally lying when they say that it's a Samsung issue. The reason people buy Nexus devices is because they are supposed to get stock Android updates first. I was on the fence about renewing my Sprint service once my contract ended, but this is the final straw. I will not be renewing my contract.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat