cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 for Galaxy Nexus?

Wizard

Re: Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 for Galaxy Nexus?

rlbrand,

Thanks for the update.  If you believe that it is actually a Network issue than let's address that.  If you are in an area that is not getting optimal signal then the software version is a secondary concern, right?

What area are you in (please provide your zip code and the cross streets that are closest to your residence)?  What leads you to believe it is actually a network issue plaguing your phone and not the software, as you originally had suspected?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Why doesn't Sprint just work with Samsung to get the new Android update out which addresses a number of bugs on the Galaxy Nexus? Verizon has had the update for their Galaxy Nexus for months now.

Wizard

jzogg,

Thank you for posting. The latest update for your device on Sprint addressed:

•Upgrades phone operating system to Android 4.2.1

•Camera Enhancements

•Notification Shade UI Enhancements

•Lock Screen UI Enhancements

The update on Verizon (though higher in number) addressed most of the same issues and some of the issues addressed in earlier updates on Sprint.  Is there a particular issue that you feel could only be addressed by a software update.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the latest update is 4.2.2 we just havent recieved it yet. heres waiting on you sprint. try and keep up

Wizard

jturkey2000,

Thanks for the feedback. What are you looking to have addressed with the Galaxy Nexus that was not addressed with the previous two software updates?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

You must not have actually read my comment. I'm not trying to address anything other than your lack of timely updates. Do the people that work for sprint know anything about the phones they sell.  I swear a monkey could do yalls job

Wizard

jturkey2000,

Thank you for the reply.  We want to make sure that as a customer you experience the best functionality with your phone.  They don't just do updates on the software to have the latest number on them, they do it to address actual issues.  If you can let us know what specific issues that you'd like addressed with a software update then it will be out there on the web for people to see and converse about.  This is how issues get addressed and then resolved. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Security patch would be good for the two master key exploits that were discovered.  Google already pushed out updates to fix them awhile ago but from what I've seen Sprint hasn't pushed them out.

Wizard

BadWolf79,

Thank you. This is a great point that you bring up.  Since this issue has been a weakness of Android firmware for quite some time but only newly discovered it is something that is being acted upon with immediacy. Google acknowledged the master key issue and released a patch for release to be pushed by the manufacturers.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

JudgeGee,

The fixes include tons of Security, Data Connectivity Performance, Launcher, Dialer, Wifi and Bluetooth Bug Fixes. Why can't Sprint work with Samsung to prioritize this update which Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners have had for months? I mean do you really not want Sprint customers to have all of the following things fixed on their phones:

https://gist.github.com/archon810/4772945/raw/c845a6282dbc2b55a6697c5e2ffe831263db3a86/Changelog_and...

Journeyman

My gripe is that no one in tech support had a clue about any problems.  I was having random shutdowns, and frequent freezes.  I work out of the house, and keep wifi active on the phone.  The problems occurred whenever I walked out of wifi range and transferred over to the Sprint network.  Then the device would either freeze up or reboot.  No matter how often I explained what was happening to Sprint support, the answer was to either 1) do a factory reset, or 2) send me a new phone.  Neither of which solved the problem. Either way, I wasted countless hours either talking to support, and setting up my phone over and over again.  All of these issues began happening after the update to 4.2.1.  After I received the last phone (back in February, I believe), the problems persisted, and support told me that an update to 4.2.2 was imminent, and that would solve the problem.  Eventually, the problems cleared up on my own, which led me to believe that it had to be network issues.  (Also, during that time, whenever I attempted to update my profile and PRL, I would receive error messages).  There's an occasional freeze-up, and the occasional random reboot.  But, nothing like it was before.

I keep my phone updated, I'm frequently update my profile and PRL.

I'm a little peeved that no one in support was aware of ongoing issues.  If they read the forums, or if there was communication cross-departments, perhaps they might have know.  About either device and/or network issues.  I purchased my phone in October 2012, and, had I been told Sprint knew of the issues and to just hang tight, I never would have agreed to exchange a device that was essentially brand-new for the refurbs that Sprint sent as exchanges.

Sprint isn't cheap, and that $10 extra data charge that was tacked on when I upgraded from my Optimus S was a little irritating.  But, I do expect knowledgeable, professional support.  Otherwise, I'll just save money and go to a prepaid carrier.  At least then, I'm not expecting anyone to know anything.

I'm not publishing my zip code and cross streets.  If you can contact me privately, I'll gladly give you the information.

Journeyman

OK. I'm working through your suggestions.

The Bluetooth headset worked with my Samsung Epic 4G.  It worked with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus until the 4.2.1 upgrade.  Hence, I am convinced it was the 4.2.1 upgrade.

I proceeded with the soft reset.  And need help.  I powered down, removed the battery, waited 30 seconds, put the battery back in, and turned the device back on.  The screen has a right facing green arrow labeled "start", with an android beneath it, and the words "Downloading.... DO not turn off target!!" beneath that.  I have tried touching the start arrow and the android, which did nothing.  It has been sitting there for several hours.  How long should it sit there?

A previous thread talked about the pathetic signal quality in this area, which has not improved.  You sent an airave to me,

So, what next?

Thanks,

Mike

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat