cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy the Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't buy the Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy?

Well about almost a month ago Sprint notified me that I could upgrade my phone and sign another contract. Maybe about a month before that Best Buy emailed me and said if you upgrade with us we will give you a $50 gift card to use on the purchase, so I chose them as my upgrade store. I chose the Iphone 4 and so far I haven't been having any issues with it, but after about 2 weeks I started hearing about the Galaxy Nexus phone and how it had 4g LTE, so I wanted it. So today when I called Best Buy they said "yes you can return your Iphone and get another phone at upgrade price".. (Here comes the issue). I said "well do you have the Sprint Galaxy Nexus 4G in stock" he said NO, it is a "Sprint Exclusive"..Can someone tell me what this is and why Sprint would do that. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't buy the Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy?

Probably because they are in short supply right now so every one that is made goes to Sprint. I wouldn't call it a Sprint exclusive though...you can still order them online through Best Buy and Radio Shack, you just can't get them in store.

Wizard

Re: Can't buy the Galaxy Nexus at Best Buy?

The Galaxy Nexus is available at Best Buy but they are only "ship to store" right now.  Also, the no contract price is $699 vs $549 from Sprint. 

If I were you I'd stick with the iPhone unless you really want future 4g LTE and are willing to live with the Nexus growing pains. 

Cheers,

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat