Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage alert

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Data usage alert

My son got a data usage alert last night while using his Galaxy Nexus. He asked me why he got this since we have an unlimited data plan. I have no idea why so I'm passing this question to the forum here.

Why would he get a data usage alert with an unlimited data plan on a phone? Is the total amount unlimited but there is a limit within a certain time period?

Jonathan

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Data usage alert

Data is unlimited when connected to the Sprint Network, but you have 300 MB of off-network usage.

Journeyman

Okay I see that, but he wasn't off network as he has been in the Kansas City metro area the whole time so he's been on 4G even. Hmmm.

Wizard

Kind of strange, can you send me his phone number via private message so that I can take a closer look?

Journeyman

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not exactly in the habit of handing out personal phone numbers to just anyone.

Wizard

I completely understand, I can be identified by the Sprint logo above my username, but if you are more comfortable calling into Sprint at 888-211-4727, then do that. I do not want you to feel uncomfortable in any situation.

The alert probably came from the phone itself. A feature of Android is that it tracks data usage and you can set it to alert you when you reach a certain amount. Go to the settings and then to data usage to see the data usage and change the alert level if need be. I don't remember what the default is set to.

Journeyman

That was it! I found that out when I called the Sprint help line. He changed the alert level and all is well. Thanks though for the info.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat