Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY NEXUS and LTE in Phoenix

Highlighted
Journeyman

GALAXY NEXUS and LTE in Phoenix

Hello all.

I have a Gnex phone  and i am looking for feed back from other gnex owners in the phoenix area.    No that 4G is finally covering a majority of the metro area, How is your connection with this phone. Personally I cannot connect to 4g unless i am within a half mile of a tower and even then it is iffy. even if i am driving between 2 active towers i can never stay connected. I have heard of sporadic antenna issue on the gnex but i had no idea that they were this bad.   I am wonder in mine is just worse than others or if mine is just  I only have 3 months left before i upgrade wondering if it is worth taking it in   Btw when I am connected to 3g the speeds are dismal    any feed back or venting from my fellow Phoenicians is welcome...

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: GALAXY NEXUS and LTE in Phoenix

JAYSHOCKA

This does not sound good. Have you tried updating the profile on the phone? Also is your phone set to CDMA/LTE or just CDMA. Try doing these steps and see if it works for you, if not I would recommend going into a repair center.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have update profile and PRL, and even did a factory reset. the issue persists. Will the repair center charge me for the service I no longer have TEP on my plan If they are going to charge me I might as well wait the month till my contract ends ( I have been waiting for 4G ever since the day the I got My HTC EVO,  which was the day it was released

Journeyman

Your experiencing most likely to common issue many of us on here are tring to get fixed with this phone. On the latest updated to 4.3 software it broke 3g to 4g data switching. You may be between towers and your signal is not working. If you restart the phone in a 4g zone it should work or if you toggle data off then back on it should work, but if you enter/leave a 3g to 4g zone, it will show you have a signal, but it won't work until you restart or toggle data off/on.

Try either of these and see if it works for you? If so you screwed by the software this phone has installed and were "hoping" for a fix via an update soon, but perhaps it may never get fixed. Hard to say since its an old phone. I myself and off contract in a month or two and plan to look to get a nexus 5 and go to at&t if its not resolved by then.

Master

ryancell81

Thank you for the useful information. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

JAYSHOCKA-- With you no longer having TEP on your phone, All service and repair work would incur a fee of $75. If you would rather upgrade your phone instead, you are more than welcome to do so, provided you are currently eligible. To check your eligibility date, text "Upgrade" to 1311. I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you-- Toya, Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

so as ryan said it is a know issue with the phone, I would still have to pay $75.00 that sounds AWESOME! 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat