cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy NEXUS EXTENDED Battery Offer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy NEXUS EXTENDED Battery Offer

I Feel kind of taken, now that there FINALLY OFFERING An extended battery for the galaxy nexus but the  promo offer (origal price $50, promo price FREE) only applies to new customers or if your upgrading to a nexus. but what about us that either bought the phone since the beginning, or bought it at retail price?! Why dont we get a break being how samsung only made an extended battery for the verizon version but not sprint, made a LTE phone thats not capable of being used yet, being how you havent rolled out jelly bean 4.1.1, being how you wont release the binaries to AOSP?! What incentive do i have to stay with you if something as simple as a battery cant be offered to existing customers whos stuck with you. DOES ANYONE ELSE AGREE WITH ME?

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy NEXUS EXTENDED Battery Offer

Well I am TRYING to enter the promocode, but the site is redirecting me to enter my zipcode. But then that takes me to the shop page. I try to enter it again it does the samething <_<

Journeyman

yea i tried that too, eventually i had to call telesales and they told me that "unless im adding a line, or upgrading, then the promo code wont work" id have to buy it at $50

Journeyman

Call the Sprint Tele Sales number and talk to them about it. I've had my Nexus for a couple of months and I ordered the batteries this morning, I'm just paying the shipping. Forget the internet and call them before they run out.

Journeyman

Yeah I called telesales and I got the battery. All I had to pay for was the shipping.

Journeyman

did they make you upgrade your account or add a line? or did they just sell you the battery?

Journeyman

I didn't upgrade anything or add a new line. All I paid was the shipping. Call them dude, the longer you wait the more of a chance you might not get one.

Journeyman

I just called and ordered one, just paid for shipping.  Thanks for all the info on getting the battery!

Journeyman

Anyone have the phone number handy?

Journeyman

Tele Sales: (866) 866-7509

Patron

I also could not redeem the promotion code.  I was redirected to the new device page, as others mentioned.  When I used the support chat, I was told the promotion was for new lines/devices only.  I responded that this can't be correct.  The promotion appears to me as such:

"FREE extended battery offer for your Galaxy Nexus

Your Galaxy Nexus is the perfect phone for epic gaming and video viewing. And now you can play longer and download more with a FREE extended battery and battery door. Follow this link and enter promo code BATTERY1 to get your $49.99 value free while supplies last. Shipping fees may apply."

Not only does it not mention a new device/line, it beings my mentioning 'your Galaxy Nexus' (i.e. the one I already own).  The chat representative gave me the phone number to call to get this sorted out.  I talked with three representatives through the course of my phone call, the first two of which were surprised to find the chat representative was correct.

The third representative repeated the 'new line/device' caveat to me, and I again mentioned the promotion did not appear that way on my account.  He informed me that, while they cannot change the promotion for me, they could offer me a $25 credit towards my account.  I told him this was not sufficient, that I felt misled by this whole ordeal and really just want my free extended battery.

The representative then requested I fax over a printed copy of the promotion, as it appears on my account, to a number he provided.  He said once I faxed it over, I would be called to confirm the fax was received, and that I would likely be able to order the battery at full cost, and they would credit my account for the full amount.  I responded this wasn't exactly what I'd hoped for, but that I would send the fax.

Truth be told, I'm kind of burnt out with Sprint by this whole affair.  I only began service about a week ago, and after this (as well as seeing the utter lack of CDMA Galaxy Nexus accessories) I'm having second thoughts.  Argh!

Journeyman

When I called Tele Sales the rep told me that since I had the Galaxy Nexus I was eligible to get the battery at no charge. She didn't ask me for a new line or anything... Maybe I was lucky with the rep that I got but the conversation was so easy going we were having a completely different conversation while ordering the batteries. Again, I was only charged $14 something ($12 something for shipping and $1 something for tax). You may want to call again and hopefully you get someone who can help you... I would think it would be harder for me considering I started my contract with the Epic 4g Touch, I bought the GNEX on Craigslist and then activated it... Hopefully you can get it sorted out, keep strong and try again. Life is always Time Vs. Money; If you got the time you can shop around and get a better price. If you got the money you save on time.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat