cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy NEXUS EXTENDED Battery Offer

Patron

Re: Galaxy NEXUS EXTENDED Battery Offer

I hear you, sir.  Fortunately, I've got plenty of time today.  A cursory search shows that a lot of people took notice of this deal, had similar issues, and are having mixed results getting their battery ordered.  I really wish it wasn't a case of calling until you get what you want.  I don't want to be the guy threatening to 'go elsewhere' either, but if Sprint's giving me this kind of response after a week of being their customer, I'm not sure I want to consumate this contract by going beyond the two week window.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the same runaround when I called.

The CSR hung up the call.

Guess I will have to spend the $50.00 to get the kit.

I don't see an Outerbox case for ext battery kit.

Probably not seeing it with the frustration for spending more money for Sprint's version of "Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Experience."

Wait for it ...spend... wait for it ... send and spend more.... wait for it...3g service only no LTE... wait for it... Jellybean... wait for it...

Does anyone have the link or part number for our "Gnex L700" Outerbox defender case for the extended battery & back?

Patron

They hung up on you? Harsh!

I'm willing to be patient about the Jelly Bean update and the 4G rollout, as they made it semi-apparent they would take time. With this promo, though, they have, deliberately or otherwise, misled me and left me perturbed. I'm also not happy with the complete lack of accessories, namely a proper car dock and desktop dock, though this is more of an issue with Samsung or Google.

Ultimately, this isn't the best of first impressions. I'm definitely reconsidering now while I still have the chance.

Journeyman

Either that or it was a connection problem with the foreign CSR

I guess we may have to start a support group for our trauma

Was thinking about posting the same for the desktop and auto dock.

As far as Jellybean:

I have been over to XDA and about to put the Galaxy nexus toolkit 7.8 on the PC and Perfect Android ROM (08-20-12) on my phone.

Those guys have it going on with their ROM releases and toolkits.

Just might be worth the 350.00 to ETF and chew thru the ropes, duct tape, breakout and go NO CON.

Enough, getting to far off main thread subject.

Yes, Lack of accessories is a another BIG FAIL...

Journeyman

the only answer that made some sense to me (after talking to countles "experts") is that because im on an "indirect 3rd party employee line" im not eligible. i guess after all that run around when they finally ran out of answers to give me , that was there trump card. even tho they sent it to me, sprint, who was all my account info and if they know that im not on a consumer plan, why even send it? even tho it mentions nothing of employees not being eligible. on official and internal documents.

Journeyman

Thank you everyone for all the info!  I called the number and told the guy that I had my new Nexus for a month and asked if I can still take advantage of free offer.  He immediately assumed that I saw the promotion online and processed it.  He said every Sprint Nexus owner is eligible.  Had to pay $12.95 for shipping. 

Journeyman

I called and the rep immediately offered the battery to me for just the cost of shipping.... I was happy that my battery lasted longer than 2 hours and the extended battery fits with my otterbox!

Wizard

Yeas, same here.  I bought mine used on eBay and they still offered the free battery.  Just can't do it on line.  It was a pain but it arrived in 2 days and still fits the case.  Much better longevity as well. They must know sending folks through all these hoops will discourage many people from even trying to get the extra battery.

EDIT: I must say this new battery is soooo much better.  Left it unplugged all night and it's only to 38%.  Original battery would've been at 20% just sitting overnight. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

When I called sprint to get the batt upgrade I told them there add said nothing about separate shipping and taxes so I got it totally free. I don't really notice a longer batt life but the phone is now a lot heavier which I personally love that and the back fits a lot tighter but I noticed that there is a gap around the camera also the new battery has I higher discharge rate (c) vrs overal mah which means the battery doesn't get as hot on extended use but also means a faster charge rate so it charges in the same time as the old battery.

Journeyman

I talked to Customer Service last night and the rep I spoke with told me the offer was only open for people ordering a new Galaxy Nexus and that I am unable to get the phone. She said she tried connecting with TeleSales but was unable to get through, and when I try and do it online I get the same run around circle as everyone else did. Should I just directly call TeleSales myself?

Journeyman

I just purchased a pair of Galaxy Nexus (Nexi?) from Target, over the phone at like 3am.  Called the TeleSales number at 6:45am, was given the promo for 2 batteries and covers, and only paid $7 in shipping.  Pretty darn awesome, I must say.

Journeyman

i heard that if you make a big fuss about your battery sucking they would send you one free of charge

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat