Galaxy Nexus Software Update - IMM76D.L700FD02
- Device not connecting to data services after activation
- Device not displaying correct network time after activation
- Google Wallet Update
- Software version is FD02
- This update will be pushed to all devices within a 1-2 day period.
- This update will be available under the following conditions:
- Devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a
WiFi network to receive the udpate. Once connected to a WiFi network, the software
will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
- Devices not experiencing the problem accessing data services will also receive the update.
The software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
There is no need to be connected to WiFi to receive the udpate.
- Starting the week of 5/17, Sprint Retail Stores will have the software available to update devices
- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for further install instructions.
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added date for update availability in retail stores.
When does the update start? Anyone gotten it yet. Better? My GNex is fabulous as it is now, and I hope it stays that way after this update.
Did the update on my Nexus last week and have been havind signal issues since! Internet and Apps stop working and even my text messages come in late. After 2 calls into customer service im headed to the store...
Assuming the same build numbering scheme as other Samsung phones, it would appear from this that Sprint/Samsung knowingly released the Nexus with issues. Build FD02 would mean it was built on April 02, 2012...20 days before the release of the phone. If that is the case, then that is pretty bad...even for Sprint/Samsung.
Glad to see Sprint fixing this so quickly unlike the my Nexus S I had that never got fixed. I hope the people who need this get it first and I'll take it last because my connections been pretty good.
Does my phone have to be active to get the update? I reverted back to my EVO 4G until this got fixed, do I need to have the Galaxy nexus active on my line to get the update, or can I get the update if I'm just on wifi only?
1JohnDLG-Your phone has to be active and should have web access for OTA (Over the Air) update. Other option would be devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to receive the update. Once connected to a Wi-Fi network, the software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
KB_BOYKIN-Updates may take between 5-20 minutes depending on the use of 3G/4G/Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is recommended.
* Note: for IMM76D.L700FD02, devices with data connection issues must be use a Wi-Fi connection to update. Data connection via 3G/4G will be available after the update completes. - Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period, unless otherwise specified in the software update discussion thread. Device selection is random - DO NOT remove the battery during the update.