Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - IMM76D.L700FD02

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Device not connecting to data services after activation

- Device not displaying correct network time after activation 

- Google Wallet Update

Important Notes:

- Software version is FD02

- This update will be pushed to all devices within a 1-2 day period.

- This update will be available under the following conditions:

-  Devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a

WiFi network to receive the udpate.  Once connected to a WiFi network, the software

will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it. 

-  Devices not experiencing the problem accessing data services will also receive the update.

The software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.

There is no need to be connected to WiFi to receive the udpate.

-  Starting the week of 5/17, Sprint Retail Stores will have the software available to update devices

- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for further install instructions. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added date for update availability in retail stores.

35 REPLIES 35
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

Thank you!

Journeyman

When does the update start?  Anyone gotten it yet. Better?  My GNex is fabulous as it is now, and I hope it stays that way after this update.

Journeyman

Did the update on my Nexus last week and have been havind signal issues since! Internet and Apps stop working and even my text messages come in late. After 2 calls into customer service im headed to the store...

Assuming the same build numbering scheme as other Samsung phones, it would appear from this that Sprint/Samsung knowingly released the Nexus with issues. Build FD02 would mean it was built on April 02, 2012...20 days before the release of the phone. If that is the case, then that is pretty bad...even for Sprint/Samsung.

Wizard

There was no update last week.  Are you sure you have the new Galaxy Nexus that was released 22 April 2012?

Cheers,

Journeyman

Glad to see Sprint fixing this so quickly unlike the my Nexus S I had that never got fixed. I hope the people who need this get it first and I'll take it last because my connections been pretty good.

Journeyman

Does my phone have to be active to get the update? I reverted back to my EVO 4G until this got fixed, do I need to have the Galaxy nexus active on my line to get the update, or can I get the update if I'm just on wifi only?

Master

1JohnDLG-Your phone has to be active and should have web access for OTA (Over the Air) update. Other option would be devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to receive the update.  Once connected to a Wi-Fi network, the software  will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.

Abe

Wizard

Nothing to see here... Move along...

Cheers,

Journeyman

So...has anyone got the prompt to update or the OTA yet?  Just curious.

Master

KB_BOYKIN-Updates may take between 5-20 minutes depending on the use of 3G/4G/Wi-Fi.  Wi-Fi is recommended.  

* Note: for IMM76D.L700FD02, devices with data connection issues must be use a Wi-Fi connection to update.  Data connection via 3G/4G will be available  after the update completes.    - Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period, unless otherwise specified in the software update discussion thread.  Device selection is random   - DO NOT remove the battery during the update.

Abe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat