cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

OP said 1-2 day period, that's why I'm curious as to if anyone has gotten it yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing here yet.  Anyone else?

Wizard

The software version on the phone when it was released was FC12.  You should not have received an update, it was on your device when you purchased it.  I include it in the software update blog so all official software versions are there. 

Journeyman

I thought I would come in here and say I just recieved the update. I recommend updating via wi-fi. 15.6 MB download.

Journeyman

Mine is in-process, yay!

Journeyman

It took less than 5 minutes, I now have FD02, and 3G!

Journeyman

I got it, but what exactly is in the Google Wallet update?

Master

dawginmd- Google Wallet is a virtual wallet that stores your payment information securely and makes paying fast both in-store and online. you can use Google Wallet to pay for apps and more on Google Play, or on thousand of sites across the web, just by signing into your account. The Google Wallet mobile app securely stores your credit cards and offers on your phone. When you check out at brick-and-mortar stores that accept Google Wallet, you can pay and redeem offers quickly just by tapping your phone at the point of sale. For more info on Google Wallet http://www.google.com/wallet/faq.html

Abe

Journeyman

Thanks Abe.  I know what Google Wallet is, just wondering what this update brings to it.

Master

dawginmd-

The Google Wallet update includes:

1.Ability to handle PO Boxes for Prepaid Card top up.
2.Increased allowable address length for Prepaid Card top up.
3.Fixes to rewards card syncing.
4.Improvements for supporting more handsets.
5.Core Wallet system fixes.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

It does, thanks!

Journeyman

The only problems I was experiencing was when wifi was turned on and I disable it the 3G connection would take forever to connect and when I was connected the 3G speeds would range from 250kbps to 400kbps. My HTC EVO was getting better 3G connections. With the update now I range 400 to 700kbps. As I am writing this I tested my wife galaxy S II and on 3G she is clocking 1194kbps WTH is going on with the Galaxy NEXUS ? I am totally missing my 4G speeds. I know LTE is around the corner. I am patiently waiting.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat