cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus Software Update - FD02

Just curious, is there a way to see that through one of the phone settings, or are you measuring through a website?

You can download apps to test your speed. Speedtest is one of the more popular ones.

Journeyman

Speedtest is the best.

Click below and it will take you to the google play site

http://goo.gl/x43XH

Enjoy

Journeyman

Thanks, I'll download that one.

Journeyman

I manually updated my phone and after an install and reset, it works great.  If Sprint hasn't pushed the update to your phone, try: settings > about phone > Sytem updates > Check Now.

I've travelled between Chicago and Milwaukee since I've updated the phone last night and the data connection has worked throughout.  I hope everyone else has the same luck!

Good luck.

GrandMaster

for those that arent used to OTA updates. remember that theres a good chance you WONT get the update just because you made the phone check for it. worse case scenario if it doesnt happen after a few tries try later a hour or so later or even later that day sometime. ditto for the ones that are just waiting for it to be pushed to their phone. it comes out in waves..just because one person got it pushed to them doesnt mean it should have happened for everyone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Since getting the update (about 24 hours ago), I have had a consistent 3G signal so the fix appears to be doing what suppose to be doing.  Has anyone had any other experiences since getting the update?

Journeyman

Glad to see they are on top of it the poor VZW peeps got a gimped GNex

Journeyman

Yeah, I just got the software update.  I had one of the bad phones and replaced it at the sprint store with one that worked.  It was slow to aquire 3G after turning off wifi and I was getting roughly 300-350k downstairs in my office at home.  After the update, switching to 3G from wifi happens instantly without delay, and my speed in my office has gone up to 800k+.  I'm glad I got a working phone last week, but even happier with this software update.  My life is complete now.

Journeyman

I have the update. 3G is reliable but much slower in the same areas as my old Evo 4G, or my wife's current Evo 4G. Also, with even casual web browsing on 3G the phone gets HOT and battery goes down at around 1% per MINUTE. At this rate of discharge the phone will be completely  unusable if I'm not connected to wifi. Should I even bother swapping this unit or should I just return it and go back to the Evo and wait for the Evo 4G LTE?

Journeyman

Can someone help. I already got the lastest software update so my 3G works fine super slow but it works.

This is the newest problem I found

Last night I tried calling my home 2 to 3 times and the wife tried calling me twice. I had my GPS running because I was trying to get to a place. After not connecting several times I turned the phone off and started it and the calls started working any idea why this would happen.

Thank you

NRHTX

Highlighted

Sounds like there is something wrong with your phone or coverage in your area. You said you updated to FD02 and ICS....the phone already came with ICS 4.0.4. FD02 was an update to 4.0.4 it to fix data issues...which it did.

Whoever told you that you'd get comparable speeds on 3G to Wimax because of newer chipsets and OS either didn't know what they were talking about or they told you that to get rid of you. 3G speeds will be no better than 3G on your EVO.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat