cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus buyer beware

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus buyer beware

If you google sprint executive customer care you find the following number: 703-433-4401

Krinma wrote:

I wish I had gone to this board first before purchasing the nexus, all I can tell you is I was sold a bill of goods and I am totally unsatisfied. I was talked into turning my evo in because of how good my connectivity would be with the nexus. All I can say is it is miserable. I took the phone in last night because of the issues with my first day using the phone and the rep basically blamed it on my area when I explained that my wife has an iphone with sprint and has no issues and he said maybe the phone is having issues transferring between towers. Issue, 1. Cell signal is always low and fades once you try to use the phone, 2. Wifi connectivity is poor even when next to router, 3. I was moving to Verizon because of issues in my town, I was told phone would solve this issue it has failed miserably. Going to store today to get my money back and potentially end my 12 year service with sprint!!!

I've haven't had any issues with wifi, I can be several rooms away and still have full signal. Cell signal is another story, while good enough to not have any problems, my wife's EVO 3D always has better signal than I do. However, this is not necessarily a problem with the Nexus, it is a problem with Samsung. The Epic 4G I upgraded from was the same way. I could have no bars of signal, my wife would have 2-3. That said, the signal on the Nexus is the same as my Epic...not better, not wose.

Journeyman

Shane,

Yes, I'm STILL experiencing this issue...  What a joke this phone is.  There is absolutely no data connection whatsoever.  Nothing. 

I took the phone into a Sprint store...  Nothing.  Even they couldn't fix it.  Ridiculous.

Willing to try your solution.  However, I've already pulled the battery out, updated the Sprint Software...  yada, yada, yada...  Result:  No data.

Journeyman

Well..after I gave praise to the Galaxy Nexus, I begin to have a sort of issue as well. My data connectivity worked fine. However this weekend, my wife and I went to a play in which Sprint service is hit or miss. But anyways, during the play I noticed I had no service what so ever..data or cell. At this time, I also noticed the phone was getting extremely hot in my pocket. I quickly removed the battery and left it out for a minute or two before placing it back into the phone. Awhile after placing the battery back into the phone, the phone begin to get hot again. I called Sprint and spoke to a Tech who ran me through a bunch of troubleshooting steps and nothing seemed to work. I am already on my 2nd replacement (Galaxy Nexus). Therefore the Tech I spoke to recommended that I go with a different phone, only because she had taken a lot of calls on the Galaxy nexus and apparently it has a lot issues, specifically the data issue. With today being the last day of of my 14-day return period, I went ahead and told her to ship me a White 16GB iPhone 4s.

I'm gonna hold off on the Sprint's Lte phone's for now...until the Galaxy S3 comes out.

Journeyman

I have had no issues with mine.

should of gotten another one before posting something that may not be fair for the phone.

in reality, this is your fault for leaving the EVO line of phones.

HTC Sense  fits ppl like you..

Journeyman

And what color is the sky on your planet? If you would take the time to read the thread you would have seen lots of people have had problems with this phone. If you had a bad one and had it replaced with another bad one like I did you would know.

If you had talked to a customer service rep who read you the memo concerning the data connection problem you would know.

You don't know JACK!

So rude and I am sure of a superior intelect NOT

Journeyman

I am to having problems with this phone getting HOT. When the phone is in my pocket it gets extremely hot. Yesterday 6-3-2012 I went to my cousins graduation and notice the heat. I decidied to turn off wifi and 3G network and the heat went away. Why is this phone doing this. My wife has the Galaxy S2 and she had 3G and wifi on I decided to put it in my pocket and the phone did not get hot at all. I got the Galaxy Nexus in mid Apr and it has always run hot inside my pockets. I do not have the LTE/CDMA turn on because we do not have LTE service in Texas, YET.

Thank you

NRHTX

Wizard

When I had this phone, I found the antenna to be very weak and when in our offices or warehouses it would keep trying to get a signal and really heat up.  As soon as I got outside and it captured a decent signal it would cool off.  I ending up giving up and returning the phone in the 14 day window.  Considering the HTC 4G LTE phone but there are a ton of issues with it right now too.  Still waiting for a stable, reliable 4G phone. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

I to experienced the same problem. We need to file a class action suite against Sprint for false advertising etc., Ive been with Sprint nearly 14 years. TMobile will most likely get my bussiness now. SHAME ON SPRINT! I thought they were a great company at one point but it looks like they are a thing of the past for myself and many of my freinds.

Journeyman

I to experienced the same problem. We need to file a class action suite against Sprint for false advertising etc., Ive been with Sprint nearly 14 years. TMobile will most likely get my bussiness now. SHAME ON SPRINT! I thought they were a great company at one point but it looks like they are a thing of the past for myself and many of my freinds.

You do realize you are replying to a post nearly a year old about a problem that was fixed with a software update, right?

Journeyman

I for one, realize that I'm replying to a post (in this case, yours coasterphotos) that is almost three months old but, in point of fact, this is an issue that has never been remedied on *my* phone by any of Sprints software updates, so I'm not entirely sure where you're getting your information from. My phone still heats up to uncomfortable temps REGULARLY -yesterday afternoon, it got so hot it actually shut down.

In addition to the fact that the phone routinely spends hours hunting for signals (terrible radios and antenna?) of ANY kind (and this in takes place where there is generally "good" service) which results in a visible draining of the battery -extended battery dead in a little over 31/2 hours; wifi and GPS: off btw) makes for a phone that is basically a joke.

In any event, if there was a software update available that addressed these issues, then I somehow missed it completely. In the meantime, chalk me up to one of the many thousands of disgruntled and very unhappy Sprint customers who are left bamboozled by empty promises, terrible data service (and by terrible I mean some of the worst I have EVER experienced; in retrospect, the I money I saved by switching from Verizon to Sprint seems like an exercise in sheer idiocy now as most data services are effectively unusable outside of WiFi. Sprints 3G service is pathetic, at best, and in in my state -Ohio- there aren't even any plans to roll out 4g much less ANY hope of ever seeing LTE data services) and essentially non-existent customer service.

If I don't break my service agreement outright, I'm switching back to Verizon at 9am, April 14th 2014 (the date my contract expires). So long and good riddance Sprint..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat