cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus by Samsung Available on April 22 for $199.99

Highlighted
Wizard

Galaxy Nexus by Samsung Available on April 22 for $199.99

Pre-order is available today, April 16th! 

===========================================================================================================================================================

Galaxy Nexus by Samsung Available at Sprint on April 22 for $199.99

Posted by MarkJElliott on Apr 16, 2012 9:11:01 AM

Sprint continues its 4G LTE launch momentum with the launch of its first Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, smartphone with 4G LTE capability, Galaxy Nexus by Samsung.

Galaxy Nexus will be available in Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales (www.sprint.com) beginning on Sunday, April 22, for $199.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line of service or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Pre- order begins today at www.sprint.com/nexus. Customers who pre-order Galaxy Nexus will begin receiving their devices as early as Friday, April 20 – two days before the device goes on sale – while supplies last.

Manufactured by Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), a leading global mobile phone provider and the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States1, Galaxy Nexus pairs the beauty of Samsung hardware with a Pure Google experience. It is built on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, which brings an entirely new look and feel to Android. Simple layouts with subtle animations and delightful flourishes make everything feel alive. The home screen, web browser, email and everything in between have been rethought and redesigned to make Android simple, beautiful and beyond smart.

Galaxy Nexus is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor producing rich graphics, faster upload and download times and HD multimedia content. Designed with a brilliant 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED™ contour touchscreen display and 1280x720 resolution, Galaxy Nexus offers a beautiful viewing experience with vivid images.

Galaxy Nexus has a full-featured 5-megapixel camera with automatic focus and 1080p video capture, top-notch, low-light performance and zero shutter lag. Open it right from your lock screen and fire off a photo instantly. Snapping several photos is quicker than the blink of an eye, and single-motion panoramic mode lets you take beautiful panorama pictures with Galaxy Nexus.

Additional key features include:

• Google Play™: The one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment. With more than 500,000 apps, millions of songs and books and thousands of movies, Google Play has something for everyone.
  • Google Voice™ makes people’s lives easier by providing one phone number to use for the rest of your life. Easily manage up to six devices with one Sprint phone number, use intelligent call routing and advanced call controls like call screening, blocking and recording, and online management of SMS, voicemail and call logs at www.google.com/voice.
  • Google Wallet™: Turn your smartphone into your wallet using NFC to make safe, secure purchases at more than 100,000 participating retailers.
  • Android Beam™ allows the user to quickly share web pages, apps, contacts and YouTube™ videos with friends by simply tapping two compatible phones together.
  • 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices simultaneously.

Android, Android Beam, Google, Google Play, Google Voice, Google Wallet and Google+ are trademarks of Google Inc.

Samsung, Galaxy and Super AMOLED are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

1Number one mobile phone provider in the United States claim for Samsung Mobile based upon reported shipment data, according to Strategy Analytics, Q4 2011 U.S. Market Share Handset Shipments Reports.

Related Links:

1. www.sprint.com/nexus
  2. www.sprint.com/newsroom
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/galaxy_nexus
  1. www.sprint.com/4GLTE

73 REPLIES 73
Wizard

Re: Galaxy Nexus by Samsung Available on April 22 for $199.99

Ordered, ($549 full price).  Looking forward to see if LTE is being tested in some of our areas.  I'll hold onto my Epic 4G Touch just in case this one doesn't work out. 

Doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much demand for this as there is when a new iPhone drops.  It was easy to place the pre-order.  Hopefully it will actually arrive on Friday.

Need to find a screen protector and case asap since I don't like using my new gear w/o protection. 

Cheers,

Even though there are a lot of nice features about this phone I will still wait for Sprints version of the Galaxy Note or Galaxy S3.  A 5 mp camera just isn't good enough with all the other options out there, IMO.

Wizard

Lack of micro sd slot is a real issue that I wish Google would deal with (It's not an iPhone!), however, 5MP vs 8MP makes no difference in the quality of the photo.  It only refers to how large the picture is in pixels.  For most people posting to facebook or flickr 5MP is more than enough.  A 5MP camera can easily create a photo capable of being the background on a 27" iMac running 2560x1440 so unless you need to blow up pictures to really large sizes or print large pics 5MP is just fine.

The MP count being highlighted in ads is just marketing hype.

Cheers,

I have a 5 mp camera smartphone and an 8 mp camera smartphone and I can clearly see a difference when I use them to photograph my work, but like I said at the end of my post its my opinion, Rick

Wizard

That difference is a function of the quality of the respective camera's optics and the internal software used by the camera to create the compressed (jpg) images since no phone cameras that I know of support RAW images.  You might be able to infer that a 5MP part sourced by a phone oem may be of lower overall optic quality than the more expensive 8MP part, however, such an inference is by no means conclusive.  The point being ... simple comparisons of MP size alone has no bearing on the quality of the image. 

Cheers,

It seems to make a difference mostly when I zoom in after transferring images to my 47" lcd Monitor.  If there is not a difference as you say then why do they keep increasing the MP density.  Maybe they should have stayed with the 1.3 mp camera's they had on the earlier smartphones.  I can see the difference even though you tell me I can't so if you want to tell me I'm wrong again go ahead, but I'm done with this discussion.

Wizard

Where you located?

Wizard

rick.spencer wrote:

It seems to make a difference mostly when I zoom in after transferring images to my 47" lcd Monitor.  If there is not a difference as you say then why do they keep increasing the MP density.  Maybe they should have stayed with the 1.3 mp camera's they had on the earlier smartphones.  I can see the difference even though you tell me I can't so if you want to tell me I'm wrong again go ahead, but I'm done with this discussion.

I'm not saying you're wrong.  Obviously, you can tell the difference in the photos you've personally created using different cameras.  Re using 1.3MP cameras: I know you're being facetious; of course new more advanced camera technology should be propagated as it becomes available at more reasonable cost.  It certainly would have been better to make the front camera 5MP and the rear 8MP on a new device like the Galaxy Nexus.

The ONLY point I wanted to get across was that people should not discount Sprint's Galaxy Nexus on the basis of the MP density as a primary consideration.  A high quality 5MP camera paired with good software should produce pictures of sufficient quality for most cell phone users. People should consider the totality of features, the frequency of updates, the lack of microsd slaot and whether they like a pure Google experience or not. 

GeekOfTexas wrote:

Where you located?

I travel throughout the SE but do spend a decent amount of time in the Atlanta metro area so I thought I'd try a pure Google device and Sprint's LTE network.  Hopefully, I'll find some LTE areas to try out the service.  If I don't like it I can always return it. 

Cheers,

Wizard

Galaxy Nexus LTE arrived today.  It looks and feels great, however, I may need to send it back un-activated.  When going online to activate the new phone it tried to force a plan change which I have no desire to allow.  I've contacted our Sprint Corporate Account Executive but if this is not resolved I suppose I'll stay with my current SGS2 until the plan expiration in 2013 or WiMax fades away and re-evaluate our corporate relationship with Sprint at that time.  If anything changes and I'm able to activate the phone under the existing plan I'll post how it compares with ICS etc. 

Cheers,

Wizard

Panzer06,

More than likely it's not your plan that has to change as the plans that work for the SGS2 will work for the Galaxy Nexus, it's the billing code that has to change.

-Alec

Wizard

Perhaps, but the big red banner and the alternative plan listed below didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling so I'll leave it to my AE.  If she can assure me no change and handle the activation on her end like she did when we setup the account I shall test out the new phone.  Otherwise back it goes. 

Cheers,

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat