cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

YESNOW8 wrote:

Thanks!  That's good to know!  Seems like it'll be awesome on Galaxy Nexus but Nexus S4g is so slow in comparison I'm wondering if Jellybean will just slow down Nexus S even more.  What are your thoughts?

Jelly Bean has peformance tweaks that Google refers to as "buttery smooth".  I've been running Codename Android for about a month now, and I can say there is a fluidity with the new OS that ICS lacked.  It really is smooth, with no stuttering at all.  I would think you would see an increase rather than decrease in performance, but then someone who has ran it on the older device would be better able to speak to this. 

What is really amazing is how rapidly Google has changed Android from the Froyo days to Jelly Bean.  It is like a new OS in so many ways, unlike a certain fruity company who does little tweaks and the masses of iSheep salivate.    Hahaha, is it safe to post that on an Android thread?

Journeyman

There seems to be no problems I've read with the blackberry Play book and it pretty much has the same specs

Journeyman

Just did manual check for update and its downloding right now. 173.8mb package size. Na na na na na na I'm first!!! LOL

Journeyman

W00t!  Same here.  Yay for 10gb internet at work.  Only takes about 2 mins to download! 

Journeyman

Hi JL, since peeps here are getting the download now and I did not get the tool kit yet is there anyway possible you could help me get back to stock using my mac?

Journeyman

Ok, who'd you two pay off to get the update first?  Congrats!

Journeyman

Sweet!!!!!! I got mine too!!!!! And my evo 3d received some sort of update although it's not jb lol

Journeyman

Oh and I'm in Dallas Texas don't know if that matters or not

Journeyman

kissesmomof3 wrote:

Hi JL, since peeps here are getting the download now and I did not get the tool kit yet is there anyway possible you could help me get back to stock using my mac?

I'm at work right now without a personal laptop and no access to my cell phone even, so there's little I can do at the moment.  I'll see if I can muster up a few minutes to browse around xda for you.  I'll post if I find anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

me too!!!!! downloading now.  I'm in So Cal.

Journeyman

Just happened to be in android central forums looking for an app to make my soft keys hideable and saw a forum post. Guy said he did manual check and got it so I tried. Downloading now but wishing I was at work with freetoaster cuz I'm bringing it down over 3g. I think everybody is getting it cuz I'm outside New Orleans and the ppl that have been posting in the forums have been from all over the country.

Btw, does anyone here know where I can find the app or .apk that allows the soft keys to be hidden without rooting?

Journeyman

I am very sad I ever messed with my phone. Now I am unable to get back to stock and get the ota download. Oh well, that is what I get for messing around with it in the first place. Sucky mac!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.