cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

bizzlebear36 wrote:

Look for a program called ODIN or wugfresh roottool kit and you can get your phone back to stock!  It will lock your boot loader and put the stock OS on it for you.  Good luck.

She is on a Mac which seems to have very little support out there.  Of course, no offense intended kissesmomof3, but I'm not surprised that there is so little support using an Apple product on an Android phone.  The two worlds collide at times. 

Journeyman

Thanks JL, xda, I have been there and they were no help at all. I guess they are offended that I am on mac and think I have cooties. I have researched, watched vids, read every tutorial I could find and nothing. Thank you.

Journeyman

kissesmomof3 wrote:

I am very sad I ever messed with my phone. Now I am unable to get back to stock and get the ota download. Oh well, that is what I get for messing around with it in the first place. Sucky mac!

Here's two links I've found so far specifically for using the Mac.  The xda is a toolkit for Mac.  The other is a step by step Youtube video.  If it works for you, be sure and leave a thanks for the person who did the toolkit or video, whichever you use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1790399

http://youtu.be/RaFKppw5SME

Journeyman

The people that are getting the download could post that file for everyone else. They would need root access then look in the cache directory under the system directory. /system/cache. There should be a file that should be about ~143 MB that should be the Jelly Bean update. You would have to look for it after the download finished but before you ran the update. Just copy the file to the "internal sdcard" for safe keeping. You could upload it to dropbox or some other cloud stroage for other people to download and use at there own risk of corse.

Journeyman

Look for a program called ODIN or wugfresh roottool kit and you can get your phone back to stock!  It will lock your boot loader and put the stock OS on it for you.  Good luck.

Still no update here.  I got the latest 4.0.4 update but not the 4.1.1.  I am checking constantly to see if i get it or not.  Being on the east cost it might take a moment.  I'll update when i get it.

Journeyman

Ok so it's completed but it says its still 4.0.4 and also my update size was only 101.3 mb not 173.8 efyoiphones update

Journeyman

I am very sad I ever messed with my phone. Now I am unable to get back to stock and get the ota download. Oh well, that is what I get for messing around with it in the first place. Sucky mac!

Journeyman

Just happened to be in android central forums looking for an app to make my soft keys hideable and saw a forum post. Guy said he did manual check and got it so I tried. Downloading now but wishing I was at work with freetoaster cuz I'm bringing it down over 3g. I think everybody is getting it cuz I'm outside New Orleans and the ppl that have been posting in the forums have been from all over the country.

Btw, does anyone here know where I can find the app or .apk that allows the soft keys to be hidden without rooting?

Highlighted
Journeyman

me too!!!!! downloading now.  I'm in So Cal.

Journeyman

kissesmomof3 wrote:

Hi JL, since peeps here are getting the download now and I did not get the tool kit yet is there anyway possible you could help me get back to stock using my mac?

I'm at work right now without a personal laptop and no access to my cell phone even, so there's little I can do at the moment.  I'll see if I can muster up a few minutes to browse around xda for you.  I'll post if I find anything.