cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

Check it out just got my new LEMON MERINGUE PIE ANDROID OF COUSE U NEED A ROOTED PHONE BUT ITS AWESOME

Journeyman

I am done with this whle droid business. anyone care to buy this pos? I have had nothing but headaches. I have never missed my Iphone so much. And man, those jerks on xda sure know how to turn a new droid user back to Apple. I am greatful they made me realize it. Apple all the way for me. Well you won't see my on here. I am getting rid of this pos gnex asap and never ever buying a droid again.

Journeyman

Find a windows computer and I will help you out

Journeyman

I have used mac so long I wouldn't even remember how to use a pc. And guess what Apple lasts. I don't care if it is a closed system, the products are built to last. I have had this mac since 2007, yep, and it works like a charm. My daughter actually had a cheap windows laptop that was slow as molasses. Now she got herself a Macbook pro like I have (well the newer one of course) So thanks but no thanks JT, I am done with Droid.

Journeyman

Look kissesmomof3, you rooted your phone, got in over your head, your frustrations are all on you.  That is why apple has such great success with the masses, they let you buy your little glass prison you can't mess up, but of course Apple has total control of the device you just paid $500 for, but if you accept that, scurry on back. 

kissesmomof3 wrote:

I am done with this whle droid business. anyone care to buy this pos? I have had nothing but headaches. I have never missed my Iphone so much. And man, those jerks on xda sure know how to turn a new droid user back to Apple. I am greatful they made me realize it. Apple all the way for me. Well you won't see my on here. I am getting rid of this pos gnex asap and never ever buying a droid again.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything...just trying to understand...how is it the phone's fault for where you are at? Had you left the phone alone you wouldn't have had this issue. Rooting and installing custom software...especially on a Mac...isn't really for someone that doesn't know what they are doing.

There are ways to restore from a Mac but I'm not familiar enough with a Mac to explain all the steps to do it. You need to fastboot all the proper images to the phone. I can tell you where to get the files and what commands to issue, but I'm not entirely sure on how to get the required software setup on the Mac.

Have you tried my earlier of suggestion of taking the phone to a Sprint service center and see if they will restore it for you?

Journeyman

you are correct I f'd it up but this phone is still a fragile pos. I could care less if Apple is a closed system or prison as you call it. Now say what you want I am done here.

For a Mac...you need this file:

Make a folder called Fastboot...or whatever you want on your Desktop and extract the file into it. Rename it to just fastboot instead of fastboot-mac

Download the fastboot files from here under FH05. There are 6 of them and put them in the same folder as above file.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1620036

If you are interested, I will try to help you get them installed.

Journeyman

304. Sep 6, 2012 10:14 AM (in response to efyoiphone)

You won't lose any data.  You may have to sign back in to your Google services though.

Go to settings, select Applications.

Go to the All tab, because this is a built-in service, not downloaded.

Scroll down until you find google.services.framework and select.

Force stop it and clear it.

Go immediately to check for your update. 

Some say do a battery pull after clearing the framework, but I found that by doing so it just resets what you just did and the check for update won't find anything.  I'm not the only one who found that out, so go directly to check for update.

Thanks!  This worked and I'm eating a big fat Jellybean now!  Yummy!

Journeyman

YESNOW8 wrote:

304. Sep 6, 2012 10:14 AM (in response to efyoiphone)

You won't lose any data.  You may have to sign back in to your Google services though.

Go to settings, select Applications.

Go to the All tab, because this is a built-in service, not downloaded.

Scroll down until you find google.services.framework and select.

Force stop it and clear it.

Go immediately to check for your update.

Some say do a battery pull after clearing the framework, but I found that by doing so it just resets what you just did and the check for update won't find anything.  I'm not the only one who found that out, so go directly to check for update.

Thanks!  This worked and I'm eating a big fat Jellybean now!  Yummy!

Awesome.  Glad it worked for you.  It worked for me too.  I'm running the official ROM now.

Journeyman

kissesmomof3 wrote:

you are correct I f'd it up but this phone is still a fragile pos. I could care less if Apple is a closed system or prison as you call it. Now say what you want I am done here.

I'm really sorry you've gotten in to this mess.  You can jailbreak an iPhone and get yourself in to the same trouble.  NO different at all. You're likely going to have more trouble selling it now that you can't get it back to stock. You may as well take coasterphotos up on his gracious offer to walk you through the process, or try to get a store to restore it.  The other thing you could do is wait "patiently" another day and codename will likely have his ROM updated using the newest kernel.  For that I could probably help you, because all we'd have to do is figure out how to get the file to your Nexus on a Mac, and then from there your Nexus does all the work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All the very best. Hopefully, you will not have any issues with your apple phone. Given that you don't have access to a PC, and you are not really keen on trying the suggestions that various users have suggested here, maybe the apple phone is best for you.

Android does give you more options/flexibility, but if you decide to root, and not read thru' the helpful posts describing the root process (and the tools needed for the root - primarily a PC) BEFORE that, it is probably not going to end well.

Apple does 'restrict' you, but it may be the better choice for you.

P.S. Regarding your earlier post "My daughter actually had a cheap windows laptop that was slow as molasses. Now she got herself a Macbook pro like I have (well the newer one of course)" that isn't a fair comparison now is it? Comparing an older model of a "cheap" windows notebook to a newer and more expensive Macbook Pro - and expecting the same results? What did you expect really?

Anyway, all the very best.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat