cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

Go to solution

Re: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

If you are talking about how they show up under the "all" category in my apps, it has been that way for quite a while. It was a change made to the play store a while back. Probably a year ago or so. If it still shows all your apps as actually installed after a reset, the reset didn't work right.

Journeyman

Actually jt2000 is correct I did a reset on my brothes phone trying to get JB update and all his downloaded apps were still there I thought something was wrong as well but I did it again and did the same thing and also galaxy nexus still had me on my gmail account I believe u need to remove or gmail account b4 u reset or gal nexus to delete all our apps. Not that I'm gonna do it. Just a pain in @s

Sounds like a bug. It shouldn't do that.

Journeyman

i personally like that it does that its a pain goin through all the apps youve downloaded ever to find the ones you had before

Kind of defeats the purpose of a factory reset. Especially if it leaves data intact as well which it sounds like it does if your Google account is still set up after a reset.. Now if there is a bad app or corrupt data there isn't a simple way to reset everything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

true

Also the fastest way to restore apps is to log on to play.Google.com from a PC and send the apps to your phone from there. I reinstalled over 50 apps in just a few minutes. It is much easier than doing it from your phone.

Journeyman

your shittin me lol. i did not know that

Journeyman

So how do you get into Google Now?    I finally got JB last night but have not been able to really explore it yet.  I remember seeing an option when it rebooted it gave me phone, google, and home or something like that.  But now when I reboot it never gives me that same option again. 

Touch the home button and swipe up. Go into settings to configure.

Journeyman

Thank you

Journeyman

Just got Jelly Bean this morning!  now I must set up Google Now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat