cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

Go to solution

Re: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!

I would think since 4.2 adds new features and is just more than a minor update that Samsung would update the phones they are responsible for updating but who knows. Guess we just wait and see. 4.2 hasn't even officially been released yet.

Journeyman

LOL@this thread getting activated again. So true. And I agree. I'm actually thinking of giving BB another try with their BB10 devices. I'll have to look at reviews once released first though. In regards to the 4.2 I just called it that as in the reviews of the Nexis 4 they are calling it that instead of 4.1.2. Speaking of phones the LG Optimus G looks pretty nice. Not sure about owning an LG from what people say but it looks like a nice phone. Their icons just look a bit cheap to me. And finally I hope sprint gets the update and I hope they continue to support updates on the gnex going forward or until I get another device.

There is a version 4.1.2 out which was just minor bug fixes and performance improvements. 4.2 that is being released with the Nexus 4 is different and add some enhancements to notifications and the camera.

Journeyman

Yeah I'm hoping we get that update. I like the notification enhancements and the sphere on the camera. I got the Google Now search update from the play store and like that u have different voice commands. Who knows maybe I'll keep my nexus for a bit cuz it is one of the devices that has up to date software right now and that's a good thing.

Journeyman

I wonder how long its going to take us to get 4.2?

Journeyman

Well, for me my battery life just continued to get worse and worse.  A hard reset helped, but didn't fully resolve it.  I got tired of having to monitor the battery usage so I used an upgrade to move to the Note 2.

Journeyman

Nice!! You don't think the note 2 is too big for everyday use though? On a separate note, has anyone else noticed when u tell Google now to set an alarm that it says its setting the alarm but unless u tap the icon it doesn't automatically set the alarm for u anymore or is that just an issue I'm having?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Note 2 fits in my front pocket pretty much the same as my Nexus did.  Its thin and lightweight for its size, so that helps.  My phone stays in a lockbox during the day for the most part, while at work.  The Nexus's battery just couldn't handle the weak radio reception very well.

I haven't used the alarm much on my phone, so I'll have to try that out and see what happens.  Got a four day weekend coming up to play around a bit. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat