cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy nexus phantom charging, what can i do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy nexus phantom charging, what can i do?

Well i've had my galaxy nexus for almost two months now and like 2 weeks ago it started saying it was charging when it's unplugged and thanks to this the screen turns on oftenly and the battery lasts about 3-5 hours when i'm not using the phone at all. I took it to a sprint store to get it fixed since i have their insurance policy, when i got it back the technician said that he changed the battery and cleaned the usb port and that the problem had been fixed. When i got home and fully charged the new battery for 8 hours and i unplugged it the phone started doing it again. I spoke to someone close to me and told me that i should call retentions and that they'd send me a new phone without hesitation. Is there anything i can do to get the phone fixed? or should i try contacting retentions?

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello aivette.seda,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. That is a unique problem but we will get it worked out for you. My first thought would be to be suspicious of your charger since it started again after you plugged it in to charge. I wonder if there is some kind of foreign substance in the charger? Perhaps the Sprint store can clean the charging port again and then try a different charger to see if the issue duplicates again.

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually there's a lot of other people facing the same problem http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23789 also the technician at sprint told me it could be the charger, so i plugged in another one when i charged the battery. this problem happens when the battery's 100%-50% at 50% it disappears. Also i'm facing exactly the second problem described in the website.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem as noted above and it started about a week ago.  I've cleaned the usb charging port, it happens after charging with all chargers, cleaned the battery, completely reset the phone, and doesn't occur for a while after restarting.  But it still pops up and is really aggravating.  Its taking about an extra 5-10% off the battery by turning the screen on and off constantly.  It would be great if Sprint could follow up as it seems to be a recurring problem after searching the various support websites.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat