Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice Voice Mail Question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice Voice Mail Question

Hello Everybody!

I have a quick question.  I recently upgraded from Evo 4g to Galaxy Nexus.  I had many issues with Google Voice after my switch to the Nexus.  All but one is solved.  If any of you could please check your settings to compair with mine that would be great.  When I go into my phone dialer and go into it's settings there is a "Voicemail Service" option.  When I click that there is only one choice, "My Carrier".  When I first booted the phone Google Voice hadn't been updated and it was listed along with "My Carrier" under the "Voicemail Service" option.  After doing a software update to Google Voice, it is no longer a choice in the "Voicemail Service" settings.  I'm just wondering if this is the situation everybody else has on their phones.  I've attached a screenshot to make sure we're on the same page!  Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice Voice Mail Question

I see a lot of people checking this out which is great.  But if anybody can just check their settings and let me know what their available choices are for "Voicemail Service" that would be great!  You'd also need to be using Google Voice.  Thanks.

Master

This test device shows My carrier and Google voice.

I think you may not be logged into Google voice on this device.

Honestly, the best way to set this up so you don't miss any texts or drop calls is to install the Google Voice Application, tell it to skip the Google Voice & Sprint integration, tell it to not make any calls with Google voice, and tell it to allow Google Voice Voicemail where it will dial *28 and then your 10 digit Google Voice #.  You will hear beeps on the call and then it will disconnect automatically.  From then on, it will work like any other phone with voicemail.

That is just my opinion, but it seems to work the best for customers.

Thanks

-John

Wizard

This method has worked perfectly on every Android phone I've used.  I really enjoy the Google Voice transcription. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Thank you for your reply.

I followed your instructions.  I uninstalled the Voice app updates from my phone and also disabled the app while I deactivated and re-activated Sprint integration.  The process worked and both choices showed up.  Then I go and update the Voice app on my phone and now there is only "My Carrier" in the choice list.  Very odd.  So my question to you Robotaholic is what is the Google Voice version number on your test device.  Mine is 0.4.2.54

Master

It is exactly the same version @weeinc 0.4.2.54

-John

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat