cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE service sightings and results

Journeyman

LTE service sightings and results

Thought I would start a new thread for posting LTE results.

Got lucky and have LTE service at my work location (Fort Worth, near I-30 and Bryant Irvin Rd)

Have WiMax at the same location, but it is not usable because the connection would always drop inside the building.  LTE is staying connected with 2 to 3 signal bars.  The speeds shown here are the lower of the few test I have run, download speeds have been as high as 7Mbps

Screenshot_2012-04-23-07-15-17.png

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

Re: LTE service sightings and results

Not going to lie...I"m extremely jealous.  Congrats on being one of the first with a working Sprint LTE signal.  Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.

Journeyman

Man, I hope its faster than that here, I got 10mbps down easy on Wimax.

Also, how is the signal indoors? Possibly in a basement or concrete building?

Wizard

I was wondering if the LTE towers would let us on. Word on S4GRU.com was that they were blocking service even though they were broadcasting. The nearest LTE tower to you is about 3.5 miles to your SW so that is very, very good if it is LTE.

Hey, could you also try an app by RootMetrics called Coverage Map. It has a more accurate and reliable speed test that will also show signal strength.

Journeyman

Well,  the LTE service was short lived.  Lost it sometime yesterday, so now back to some very slow 3G

Wizard

Yeah, they definitely aren't letting us on LTE in Atlanta.  I logged 500+ miles driving around the city and extended metro area and absolutely no LTE.  The best 3G I received was in Buckhead and it was about 1MB down and 250K up.  All the rest are sub 200K down with around 150-250K up.  I have a Verizon 4G iPad so I'm not all that concerned but it would still be nice to have LTE. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Shouldn't LTE speeds be like 20Mbps at the least?  ATT gets 6Mbps here with their 4g network...hmmm...hope that gets a lot better:-\

Journeyman

Throw some knowledge down for u guys

the 4g lte network is not faster than 4g wimax

4g lte is only. Upgraded 3g tower with a booster to increase speed

HOPPER954 wrote:

Throw some knowledge down for u guys

the 4g lte network is not faster than 4g wimax

4g lte is only. Upgraded 3g tower with a booster to increase speed

Now lets not spread flat out lies on things like you have done here....can't be further from the truth here with this statement. I suggest you read up on what NetworkVision is actually doing and the wide improvements Sprint is doing to its nation wide network all in a matter of 2 years time!! LTE is vastly more than a 3G tower with a booster to increase speed. lol

read up on NV here on sprints site or head over to S4GRU.com for some detailed information...

Journeyman

i only forwarded the info Sprint directly forwarded to me.

and again LTE is only a 3g tower with booster. No reason to lie.

There explanation from what i was told is cost more cost effective and timly to install boosters on the 3g towers for LTE

rather than take 5 years or longer to get 4g wimax going

again this came from sprint reps.

Highlighted
Wizard

Ironically, your post may have caused the to realize they had a tower they were not blocking LTE on.

This mirrors my results. I have tried several of the towers with my friend's VIper and no connection.

HOPPER954 wrote:

i only forwarded the info Sprint directly forwarded to me.

and again LTE is only a 3g tower with booster. No reason to lie.

There explanation from what i was told is cost more cost effective and timly to install boosters on the 3g towers for LTE

rather than take 5 years or longer to get 4g wimax going

again this came from sprint reps.

Well they lied to you or were just greatly missinformed...

LTE is much more than a 3G booster.

here go do some reading so you are not missinformed any more.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/32-network-vision-explained/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat