cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE service sightings and results

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: LTE service sightings and results

What do you need more than say, 5Mbps, for? Seriously. I just want 3 megs or better anywhere on the network. I don't need more than that for a phone.

Wizard

Some folks want it because they are going to use it as their primary Internet at home or just to have bragging rights.  With Sprint having the only unlimited data plan some people dream of speeds approaching AT&T and Verizon's top speeds.  Even T-Mobile's faux 4G is faster in most places than Sprint's flagship WiMAX.  While I happen to agree with you.  Many, many Sprint customers will expect at least parity with competing carrier whether the speed is needed or not.  They are the same folks who buy the hottest video card to run benchmarks but never actually play a game capable of fully utilizing all that performance. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Yesterday in the northern part of Lee's Summit, Missouri. Turned on LTE on my nexus and got about 1 bar almost 2 at times of 4G. Speedtest logged 5-6mbps down and 1mbps up. Drove around the area but couldn't find any stronger signal than that. Maybe the output was tuned down for testing or something? Regardless it sure was nice to see!

Journeyman

thats because your a novice and 3g fits you well.

Some people like me, Engineer in Porsche Safety Development need those speeds.

My family has been loyal to sprint and sprint has been good to us, thats why I have it as a primary line.

My work phone is Verizon with LTE and I get 25-35mbps here in La Jolla, CA.

I average 6-8gb per month. I could not Work with out my Verizon phone,

Infact, I tether my Sprint Nexus to my Verizon Nexus when I need the internet on my Sprint phone.

your  username does not match your comment by the way.

a true geek would defenantly not say that..

we think the more, the better..

Wizard

Because someone does not use the phone the same way you do does not make them a novice.  It just means they have different needs than you.  Your use of the phone does not indicate you're any more experienced than anyone else.  I have a Verizon LTE iPad 3 and get great download speeds.  I too tether my phone to the iPad when I need high speed on the phone but it is rare since the iPad goes everywhere with me and it much more effective for my work than using my phone.  I use the phone to make and receive phone calls, check e-mail and handle the occasional forum post or web search.  Even at 4.5" a phone screen is too small for me to do much productive work.  That's how I work. 

Sprint needs to get it together from a performance standpoint but for most users 6-8mb down will be fine. 

Cheers,

GrandMaster

Sgt.Slaughter88 wrote:

HOPPER954 wrote:

i only forwarded the info Sprint directly forwarded to me.

and again LTE is only a 3g tower with booster. No reason to lie.

There explanation from what i was told is cost more cost effective and timly to install boosters on the 3g towers for LTE

rather than take 5 years or longer to get 4g wimax going

again this came from sprint reps.

Well they lied to you or were just greatly missinformed...

LTE is much more than a 3G booster.

here go do some reading so you are not missinformed any more.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/32-network-vision-explained/

might as well throw out 2 things of reading material for those that are still doubtful

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2012/01/25/why...

this would be the first that i have seen you in the sprint forums and not just over at s4gru lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

From Lee's Summit, MO on 5/2/2012. Snagged some screenshots this time.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3ZfDKqsVnTI/T6LCECQUzoI/AAAAAAAAAFY/RhTAwdR70As/s512/Screenshot_2012-05-02-17-29-50.png https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-W7hu5IZhc_M/T6LCCvvcNwI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/ajsyGdT1PPY/s512/Screenshot_2012-05-02-17-28-48.png

Journeyman

I'd be happy with more than 0.1 Mbps, don't need more than 1 Mbps, but certainly need more than 0.1 Mbps as apps time out.

I don't work on Porche or even Rolls Royce safety, so what do I know.

Journeyman

860379_10200857555947820_1407691105_o.jpg

LTE is finally showing it's first signs of life here in Longview, WA. It is still booting me back to 3G after about 5 minutes connected though, so they must still be testing it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat