cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating to 4.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem updating to 4.3

My wife's Gnex finally got the update notice, it'll download and start the install process, but once it boots to the recovery to actually install it'll get to about 1/3 the way into the install where it fails and goes straight to the laying down android with the dreaded red triangle, and show error, doesn't say what the error is, just says error, and then reboots after a few minutes back to 4.2.1. Now i have tried downloading with 4g lte, and on wifi, both have done the exact same thing, i can force the download to replicate the problem, but it doesn't seem to want to install. Her device has never been rooted or tampered with so there is no reason why it shouldn't install, yet it refuse's to.

37 REPLIES 37
Patron

Re: Problem updating to 4.3

You are not the only one.... 

Journeyman

Count yourself lucky. Mine upgraded. error'd on updating the profile and PRL. Now I am lucky to get connected with LTE turned on. So much for Sprint testing their ROM's. Pretty frustrating.

Journeyman

Software updates should always be clean installs, IE you need to do a factory reset. You most likely had something cached on your phone giving you connectivity problems.

Factory reset should solve all your problems.

Journeyman

I've been playing with android phones for 4 years now, so yeah I know all about clean installs, nothing has worked with her phone, I also have a Gnex myself, which had no issue with the update. In essence yes I know what I'm doing, something is wrong with the file itself, especially given the amount of people that have issues with data afterwards.

Journeyman

Call customer support and have them send a refresh signal to her phone. Pull the batter and reboot, then try the update again.

Journeyman

Tried that loll, on the phone for a half hour on Monday night, next I'm just going to the local sprint repair shop and show them the whole process, just doesn't make sense.

Journeyman

I'm having this same issue. Error message after I try to install the update, then it shows the laying down android with the red triangle.

I factory reset my phone and tried to install it again. Didn't work. Still has the same problem.

What a lousy software validation team they must have.

Journeyman

are you applying an ota update or doing it manually?

Journeyman

i've actually tried both, ota and adb sideload, and both fail, it just makes no total sense because her device has never been rooted or tampered with, just don't freaking get it.

You said there was a error message in one of your posts...what does the error message say?

Patron

I just get the word "error" on my stock gnex about 40% into the install. Android guy is laying on his side, phone reboots after 4 or 5 minutes.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat