ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Sprint? latest galaxy nexus update!!

Journeyman

Re: Really Sprint? latest galaxy nexus update!!

I have the same thoughts as well about the 3 of them providing a solution.

At least I found the way to turn off the update notification.

Settings/apps/all/goggle services framework/uncheck notifications.

This is on a stock phone with no root.

It turned off the notification that the 4.3 update is waiting for a reboot to install.

Journeyman

Sprint, can you at least tell us a status? I know these things take time, but its been months and months. At this point I'd rather hear that there is no hope of an update, because that would be better than waiting on an update to come that doesn't exist. Thanks!

Master

ryancell81,

Unfortunately, we do not have any new information on the situation.  I do apologize about this, but as soon as a fix is announced, it will be posted here.  Sincerely, KC Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'd like to again follow up on this...when you say

SprintCare wrote:

but as soon as a fix is announced, it will be posted here.  Sincerely, KC Sprint Social Care

Does this in fact mean a fix is going to be announced, but has not yet, or that you are still perusing a fix? Very frustrating, especially since my area finally has 4g. Ran into another person who had this phone and said it sucked because every time they travel it loses data.

Journeyman

The Galaxy Nexus has been a total lemon for the entirety of my ownership. If I'm off of wifi, it's a total brick - zero data connectivity. Or at best I get 0.20mbps....just edging out dial-up from the 1990s.  I probably toggle in and out of airplane mode at least ten times a day and I don't even bother if I'm in a car. Every time I try to address these issues with Sprint I get brushed aside. The phone has NEVER worked properly, so why should I have faith that my next phone will be functional?

Master

kakky

I am sorry that you are having that experience with your device I had that phone when it first came out and was very happy with it and it has pretty great reviews across the internet http://bit.ly/1pESJ8m but please understand that Sprint does not manufacture the devices we sell so when something like the internals of the device are malfunctioned we have no choice but to redirect customers either to a repair center or to the manufacture. If the phone has never worked properly it may be best to have it service or replace at this point. Like most electronics, cell phones have an EOL cycle and that device is well past it, the problem you’re having with the Wi-Fi speeds could be compatibility related, have you brought the phone to a service store to have it checked out? either way when purchasing your next device be sure to look around and check out reviews, watch YouTube video and shop around. It is ultimately your decision on what device you get and every device is going to have features and setting that are more appealing to some then others, my recommendation is before getting another device review the manufacture and see what other people are saying is their experience. 

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I finally got sick of my phone and installed a custom rom by omnirom, as they recently posted a story about it.

http://omnirom.org/devices/completing-galaxy-nexus-family-sprint-variant-toroplus-now-added-nightlie...

I installed it and it works and my 3g to 4g switching works like it should. I also am on Kit Kat 4.4.4 now. This should hold me over for awhile now. I'm done visiting this forum waiting on a fix as I don't think an official one is really coming.

Master

ryancell81, Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We're glad to hear that you have sought an alternate fix for your device. However, we are working expeditiously to resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience, please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there any update on this issue? I'm having a similar issue and was hoping to find a fix.

Master

SHOSTAKOVICH666 - We are still working hard for a resolution for this issue. We appreciate your patience. - Shari
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

I don't really think that you are working hard on the issue because it's been over a year!

Journeyman

I resolved my issue by switching to T-Mobile. It's been a wonderful two years.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat