Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Concord for the Nexus? Really?

Journeyman

Samsung Concord for the Nexus? Really?

I have a Nexus S that keeps giving me messages such as "acore process has unexpectedly stopped, calendar has stopped, browser has stopped, gmail has stopped and so on, well you get the point, can't even make a phone call. I took it to sprint and they could not help. They advised since it was replaced by Asurion that I need to call them. So I did, Asurion advises they can replace the phone with the Samsung Concord. I have never heard of the Concord, does this phone really exist? So i went online while the rep is on the phone, it does not even come close to what i have. But the insurance is all that it covers and he advised that Sprint no longer sells it. No other choices were given as well when i asked for any others available. so I call sprint and they advised that was not right they do sell the Nexus so he would get on the phone and have a 3 way conversation only to end up with Asurion on the phone by myself. I explain to the rep and she advises that SPRINT sets the criteria for what phone to replace the original with. She advised that they have no stock of the Nexus so it cannot be offered. And I have to downgrade from a 4.0 Gingerbread Operating System and 1.2 GHZ dual core processor, 2 hours more talk time plus many other awesome features to a 2.3 operating system and 1 Ghz processor plus other little things that first time smartphone users can get easily learn to navigate. SERIOUSLY??? NO OTHER CHOICES. I am so dissapointed. They point the finger to each other and can't get me a phone that comes close to what I have. Looks like AT&T is calling my name.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Hopefully you won't have to go this route. Have you considered bootloader wiping your device? It sounds like this may solve your issue, as it's software related. I'm not sure what any of the techs told you, but I'd be glad to give you information on backing it up, then completeing this process so you don't have to go the route of dealing with any mucky customer service on ours or Asurion's end.

Journeyman

Watts, I would love to get this resolved ASAP.

If you can give me the information I would be more than happy to go through the process.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Journeyman

Make sure to backup your contacts and pictures, as well as anything else you do not want to lose. Then go to Settings < Backup & Reset < Factory Data Reset.

This is going to reset your device back to factory settings and should solve your problem. If this does not help, then I can walk you through how to do a bootloader wipe of the device.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat