Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy nexus Jellybean update?

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy nexus Jellybean update?

I have a samsung galaxy nexus and i really want jellybean

I know they said it would be coming mid-july but I am pretty sure it will not be for sprint or verizon giving what happened previous years

When will the update be coming? Is there any other way to get it without rooting my phone?

I really do not want to wait very long!

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

At this point as far as I know there is no official word from Sprint/Samsung/Google on the update for non-GSM Galaxy Nexus devices. My guess is that both Sprint and Verizon's version of the Galaxy Nexus will see this update this fall. A longer wait then we should have, but still way before any other device on Sprint is going to get 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Wizard

Seeing as we Google direct GSM customers have no official date I'd say it might be August before we see it. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Source code for maguro (GSM GNex) and toro (BigV Gnex) have dropped, but no sign of the toroplus.  I just hope it isn't like the ICS update for the Nexus S all over again.

Journeyman

I've installed Are You Jellin 4.1.1 ROM on my Nexus and it is awesome.  Google Now is something I'll be able to get used to using no problem.  The stability of this ROM is excellant too.  Root, then have Jelly!

Wizard

My T-Mobile GNex received the OTA  to Jelly Bean last night.  It's very fast and and seems smoother doing most tasks.  I'll wait for Sprint to get it rolled out.  Hopefully it won't be long. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Panzer06, What kinds of data speeds are you getting on you GNex, and what area/city do you live in? I live near Detroit and my average speeds are0.25mb download. The best I've ever had (right next to an Airave) was about 1.5mb D/L. That's pathetic and I'm tired of the BS and will be eating the ETF and leaving Sprint. I was thinking of switching to T-Mobile. Also switching because of the instand updates compared to the horrible ordeal I'm going through again with the Nexus on Sprint.

Wizard

On Sprint LTE (in the few places I've found it) I've averaged 10-11MB down and 3-6MB up.  Mostly in and around Atlanta for LTE.

On Sprint 3G the speeds are slow all throughout the SE, PA, IL, OH, KY most of the time no more than .2 to .4 MB up and down. 

T-Mobile 4G 4-8MB down and 1-4MB up on their version of 4G throughout most of the SE, and any other decent size city I travel to, however, in rural and on some highways between cities T-Mobile only has edge or gprs.

I also have a Verizon data device and for consistant high speed performance they seem to be the best.  I just can't see paying their prices. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Ya, I just can't handle the horrible 3G here and I most likely won't see 4G for almost another year. T-Mobile sounds like a winner to me especially with those speeds.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Now that GNexus is offered on Google Play, I'm thinking I'll buy it there and go with TMO $30 data plan then say goodbye to Spint!  I've read some good things about going this route.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat