cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen won't wake up during call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen won't wake up during call

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a problem I've been living with for a long time.  When the screen goes blank during a call that is longer than the display duration setting, it won't come back on.  No amount of screen swiping or phone shaking will wake up the display.  The only thing that will bring back the display is the power button which, of course, terminates the call.  This is infuriating if you have to enter numbers in a voice mail system, for example.

The only solution I've found is to toggle between keyboard and no keyboard continuously.  Of course, if your attention wanders...

I have found no settings in the phone app to disable display blanking and I am at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Henry Aguado

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Screen won't wake up during call

The power button should turn on the screen without terminating the call. If it doesn't, then something may be wrong with your phone. Also, make sure your hand isn't hear the sensor on the top of the phone that shuts the screen off when on a call.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Screen won't wake up during call

Sorry I took so long to thank you for your response but I stupidly put this question in another area, got an answer there and forgot to check back here.

A long belated thank you,

Henry Aguado

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat