cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint NBA Mobile

Journeyman

Sprint NBA Mobile

Upgraded to Galaxy Nexus and upon trying to launch this app I get an error stating "Non-Sprint Phone Detected" and to download NBA Game Time. Have installed multiple times and has never worked. Very irritating because Game Time requires a league pass sub to listen radio broadcasts and the sprint app does not. It is playoff time and this app needs to function! Just updated to FD02 and still does not work. My phone is not rooted.

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Re: Sprint NBA Mobile

I thought these Galaxy Nexus Google Experience devices don't work with all the Sprint value-added apps. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Wizard

That was my impression as well. The Pure Google Experience.

Journeyman

Don't recall reading that anywhere and have been able to find anything on the sprint site that confirms your post. Free of bloatware is all I have found and it does not make sense that it is available on the play store and can bring it up on the nexus (usually the store filters an app that is not for your device) also I can pull up the app on the web version of the play store and it says the app is compatible with the my nexus under the my devices drop down. Google experience or not, there is no reason this app should not work and at the very least, sprint employess should be telling us that we can't use sprint apps when we purchase the phone and I know I was not told.

Journeyman

Wizard

Yeah, unfortunately the employees don't pay as much attention to this sort of thing as they should.  I think those apps are only available on "Sprint" phones because only those phones have whatever Sprint glue that binds them to Sprint and the Nexus devices do not.  Regardless, as Vonix08 pointed it out, it's clearly noted on the Sprint site when you buy the phone online that those services are not available. 

Cheers,

I think Sprint employees definitely need to tell customers what to expect from this phone, especially if they are coming from a earlier Samsung or HTC phone that has Touchwiz or Sense on it. Of course a lot of people just order online having never seen the phone too.

From the comments in these forums and from reviews on the phone on the Sprint site, it's pretty clear a lot of people don't know what they they are getting into when they get a Nexus device.

Master

Weather a phone is compatible or not with Sprint Zone has no bearing on if it is compatible with any other Sprint apps. I have the first Nexus and can download all those Sprint apps from the market, But not Sprint Zone and Sprint Zone is not preloaded.

Vonix08 wrote:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6300001prd&deviceSKUId=63000402&flo...

Note the sprint zone which includes NBA Mobile has an x.

Levi4u wrote:

Weather a phone is compatible or not with Sprint Zone has no bearing on if it is compatible with any other Sprint apps. I have the first Nexus and can download all those Sprint apps from the market, But not Sprint Zone and Sprint Zone is not preloaded.

Vonix08 wrote:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6300001prd&deviceSKUId=63000402&flo...

Note the sprint zone which includes NBA Mobile has an x.

If you read the description of Sprint Zone that pops up it also says this: "Access Sprint TV, GPS Navigation, Sprint NBA Mobile, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM and Sprint Music Plus."

So don't know if they are supposed to be included or not. Sprint TV doesn't show up as available to download for me, neither does Sprint Music Plus, NBA shows up but doesn't work, NASCAR shows up and works. And since going from "Sprint Navigation" to "Telenav" I don't think it is tied to Sprint anymore.

Master

Yep, That just means you have easy access to Sprint(and other Sprint recomended) apps from the Sprint Zone app, If you select any of them through that app they are just shortcuts to the market to download them.

GrandMaster

odds are they will eventually have a update or something so that they will work with this phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hope Sprint helps us out with the Sprint Zone on the Galaxy Nexus...sucks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat