Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not being sent??

Journeyman

Text messages not being sent??

Since I bought my Galaxy Nexus in January 2013 I have had an issue with sending text messages. A lot of times the messages aren't sent (I get the red triangle with the white exclamation point). I have tried restarting the phone, taking out the battery, updating the phone and tried resending the message. It has nothing to do with signal strength since it happens no matter how many bars I have. I have taken it to two Sprint repair shops and both say there's nothing wrong with the phone. I have called Sprint three times with this and they have done their so-called troubleshooting over the phone. It will work for a day or so and then right back to failed messages again. It also takes anywhere from 6 hours to 3 days for a mms to send. I'm really getting frustrated with this. Is anyone having a similar issue?

45 REPLIES 45
Journeyman

I live in the 27909 zip code (near-ish to the OP's area) and have been experiencing this issue for the same time period roughly. I've talked to Sprint twice about this. The only thing I've not done is go to a store since it's ~50miles away. I've done power cycling, had the profile updated many times and PRL as well. Nothing works.

The issues: Sending texts randomly stops working. I will be having a conversation and the phone just stops sending my replies. I've tried cycling Airplane mode and that works intermittently, but the only sure fire way to get it to start sending again (temporarily) is a full phone reboot. Then it works for a variable amount of time before stopping out right again. I'm experiencing the same issue with data connections.

This clearly shows it's not the tower if I'm experiencing the same issue around the same time frame. It may be a software issue with the radios because, *anecdotally*, I've noticed watching a show on Netflix or such on 3G during my break seems to bring the issue up faster after a phone reboot.

I'm just hoping for a fix. It's been like this for months now and every time I go for help, it works just long enough that I feel comfortable before giving out again.

Journeyman

"Hello Andrew. Sprint told me I have excellent service in my area, but I'm doubting that. My zip is 23505 and the closest cross streets are Tidewater Drive and Interstate 64."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can basically plug in any name above and they will tell you the same thing. Sprint is the biggest POS company. That being said they are smart. They are just raking in the monthly fees, pumping the stock price, and provide shit service for all their customers.

I told the guy to come hang out at my house for the day and see first hand that my service sucks. Oh I am sorry sir, but, we are showing excellent service in your area and there is nothing we can do.....

I WARN everyone not to EVER to business with Sprint. They are a joke.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with texting. I cannot send any texts out only receive them. Maybe I can pay an extra 10.00 fee per month to have that option like I do the 10.00 BS 4G fee.

Journeyman

My mom was having an issue with her Sprint phone so I called CS - they blamed the towers, while I was talking to them on a Sprint phone with no problems.  It's always the towers.

Journeyman

LSEMPLE80,

Thanks for the feedback. I can verify what is going on if you like. May I have your zip code and cross streets?

Jen R     

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the same issues in Indiana in 8 different cities,on an lg optimus G but i'm always being told its network related and a tower is being worked on.  I travel over 350 miles in indiana and it happens every where and its  a tower issue?   OKAY  I don't think so, I've asked to be relieved from my contract and they are saying no, how is this legal????  I've wasted over 6 hours on the phone trying to resolve it and its been escalated to the highest department, from reading the post in this community it looks like its not going to happen 

Journeyman

I'm in Wisconsin, zipcode 53181 and I also have the LG Optimus G I'm having the same issues. No matter where I am or how much signal I have my texts still won't send randomly and I have to continually hit retry sending then after a few tries it finally sends. My family also has simular issues and they work in Illinois. We have called sprint and even gone in the store and they say they dont know why it's not working. I'm starting to get really fed up with Sprint.

Journeyman

I got the LG Optimus F3 been on the phone today for total of 5 hours and still cannot send text unless away from the air rave. I can receive text and calls and make calls but no sending text. my son has smart phone and he can send text, my husbands Samsung galaxy SII and he can send text. I am the only one not able to send text message. They had me reset air rave about 4 times and nothing. They did a hard reset on phone about 10 times and still cannot send text unless away from Air rave. last tech on phone said they were putting in a Network ticket  all texts come back with Error code: -1.  Can someone please help. It is a business phone and sure does stink to have to go outside and down the road to text. Now it seems every couple of hours I am getting duplicate text. This should be fun!

Journeyman

WALLEYE4161955,

Thank you for the post. I am sorry to hear about your service issues. You mentioned you have been on the phone for hours, was that with airave tech? I would also like to take a look at the area to pin point the towers. Has the phone been checked out at one of our service and repair centers? May I have your zip code and cross streets?

Jen R     

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have been having this issue.  I am so frustrated about this!  I need text to work for my job!  If this continues to happen I am closing my account to never return.  I am already voicing my frustration within my industry - as this problem is effecting my job!!!!!!!  Sprint you are walking on very thin ice.  Look how frustrated your customers are!   Oh I'm at 98271 and 98223.  I have high hopes and low expectations.  It is so inconvenient to change phone companies, but very much less of an inconvenience than trying to operate with useless "service." 

Journeyman

Chante979,

Thank you for the post. I am sorry to hear about your service issues and I understand your frustration. I checked both the areas you provided and we are upgrading to Vision Network in both areas. You will experience intermittent service issues while upgrading. In the meanwhile to help you to connect better try updating the data profile on the phone.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Personally, I'm absolutely sick and tired of trying to resolve the issue with my texting on my Nexus. I wish I had never got this phone. I've talked to so many customer care reps that I feel it's all beyond help now. And Total Protection does no good in this area. I would love to get out of this contract, if it didn't cost so much.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat