cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon galaxy nexus gets 4.2.2 before sprint

Journeyman

Verizon galaxy nexus gets 4.2.2 before sprint

Verizon was behind in updates but jumped past sprint a few weeks ago. Waiting on you sprint. We were doing better than most carriers. Why drop the ball now

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Verizon galaxy nexus gets 4.2.2 before sprint

Tell me about it. How did Verizon just beat us to it as we were 2 updates ahead just 2 months ago. I think Sprint needs to get on the ball immediately unless they plan on just waiting for the Key Lime Pie and send that update out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed

Wizard

jturkey2000,

Thank you for your post. We are in process of getting a heads up about all android updates coming. This info is coming from the manufacturers. and Sprint is waiting to hear back as the company that makes the devices to have a better idea on when an update is ready.

Victor

Sprint Social care.

Journeyman

Any more news on this issue? Phone is eating batteries hope 4.2.2 fixes that.

Journeyman

And this surprises you? Every other carrier is one step ahead of Sprint. Hell even Cricket offers LTE service in the Phoenix area and Sprint failed to ever even launch regular 4g after promising it 3 years ago. Cricket may or may not own their LTE towers but, they still offer the service and at a cheaper rate that this crap we all pay for.

Not really any improvement in battery life between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2

All other carriers are not one step ahead of Sprint. T-Mobile is just now turning on 4G LTE in select cities.

Journeyman

thanks a ton for the reply. shall wait and see when samsung gives you/us an update about 4.2.2 on our gnex.

Wizard

marirs,

Thanks for the post. You can usually check the manufacturers sites for more info on what software upgrades are going to rollout. You can also check www.sprint.com/newsroom for more info.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

At this point with Google I/O just around the corner and the widely believed rumor that Android 4.3 (still Jellybean) will be revealed, Sprint is probably focusing on 4.3 instead of the minor bump from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.  We can't know for certain until Google I/O but it looks like Key Lime Pie (the rumored Android 5.0) is still being developed and 4.3 will actually be what is unveiled.  Rumor has it that Google is slowing down the major Android revisions to give the manufacturers and developers room to breathe between releases which should be good for everyone.  Anyway, personally I can't see sticking with Sprint for a whole lot longer when T-Mo has no contract plans and is a GSM carrier so I can buy a device straight from Google and get my updates straight from them too.  All that aside though, it does seem unlikely Sprint is investing anything into 4.2.2 with 4.3 just around the corner.

Journeyman

Saw this on Drippler -

Update Galaxy Nexus with Official Jellybean 4.2.2 to get Official Jellybean 4.3 Firmware

when is SPH-L700 gonna get 4.2.2 ?

Journeyman

Saw the same article on drippler and on the Nexus forums. I'm looking forward to seeing the response you get from this. Send like carriers these days want customers but don't care to keep them happy. I guess when people catch on to the fact that it's better to just buy an unlocked phone and use pre-paid service, then  might listen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat