cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow charging

Journeyman

Very slow charging

Very recently my Nexus has had trouble charging. It does it verrrrry slowly. A charge now takes maybe 3-4 hours, and the screen has to be turned off for it to do this. I've actually seen the batter life go down while it's been charging with the screen on. This is a very recent change, and started maybe a week ago. Prior to this I had no issues charging. I've tried multiple chargers so that is not the issue.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Very slow charging

That's not good your Nexus is taking longer to charge.  You did well trying other charges, this narrows the issue down to either the battery or the device.  Do you know anyone else that has a Nexus, may want to try and use their battery to see if this still occurs.  If not other batteries are available to test, I'd recommend taking the device to a Sprint Service center and have them diagnose it.  They should be able to tell you if it's the battery or something else like the charging port.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

There is a factory defect with the USB charging port, you can replace it yourself    Dock Connector Charging Port Flex Cable Ribbon for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT I9250 | eBay  or take it to a sprint store

Journeyman

I've noticed that too when it was charging via PC, the battery actually discharging while it was plugged in.  I have better luck using an AC charger.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat