cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Go to solution
Journeyman

Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Ok I just got my galaxy nexus today, and after reading the tutorials about voice mail I am stumped.

Does this phone have visual voice mail?, and if it does how do you access it.

Visual voice mail is the best thing that ever happened to voice mail and I really rely on it alot.

Going to be bumming big time if it's not available.

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

kjb1964111, not sure if there will be any updates to include it, but currently it doesn't support visual voicemail. I enjoy the visual voicemail myself so I definitely understand what you mean.

Journeyman

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Thanks for the answer, even if its not the one I wanted.

Visual voice mail is a feature on most of the better smart phones.

Rather disappointed that its not included in what has been called one of the best android phones available.

Might be sending this phone back and wait for the Evo 4g lte.

Wizard

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

I suppose that's the price we pay for the "pure" Google experience without oem or carrier add-ons...

Cheers,

Journeyman

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

You could always add google voice, skip the "Integration" step, and bam, you have your visual voicemail in addition to another number you can give out.

Journeyman

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Well I might give that a try. Right now I have no data service on my phone, just another issue making me a unhappy camper. 2 customer service chats already. Going to try tech support tomorrow.

No point in trying your idea until I get the data service issue fixed.

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Panzer06 wrote:

I suppose that's the price we pay for the "pure" Google experience without oem or carrier add-ons...

Cheers,

That would be the exact reason it's not there along with Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, NFL, NASCAR, etc, etc. No 3rd party apps pre-installed at all. When I picked mine up Sunday at a Sprint store there was a lady who came in after me and started asking why Sprint ID wasn't included on the Nexus and how she was supposed to change her wallpapers, ringtones, etc. The rep said it could all be done manually without Sprint ID but that wasn't the answer she wanted. She turned around and walked out.

Wizard

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

LOL, she needed an iPhone. 

I'm fine w/o a few features if it keeps the phone free of bloat and means all future updates come straight from Google w/o waiting for Samsung and Sprint. 

Cheers,

coasterphotos wrote:

Panzer06 wrote:

I suppose that's the price we pay for the "pure" Google experience without oem or carrier add-ons...

Cheers,

That would be the exact reason it's not there along with Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, NFL, NASCAR, etc, etc. No 3rd party apps pre-installed at all. When I picked mine up Sunday at a Sprint store there was a lady who came in after me and started asking why Sprint ID wasn't included on the Nexus and how she was supposed to change her wallpapers, ringtones, etc. The rep said it could all be done manually without Sprint ID but that wasn't the answer she wanted. She turned around and walked out.

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Panzer06 wrote:

LOL, she needed an iPhone. 

I'm fine w/o a few features if it keeps the phone free of bloat and means all future updates come straight from Google w/o waiting for Samsung and Sprint. 

Cheers,

Yeah...but at least she knew about not having it ahead of time and didn't buy the phone then get upset it wasn't there.

While I'm expecting the Galaxy S 3 to be a superior phone hardware wise to the Nexus, being a plain Google phone is the reason I still went with it. I miss some of the Touchwiz features I had on the Epic...but I'm quickly getting over it.

I think the updates for the phone still have to go through Sprint because of the CDMA technology used...but I could be wrong. People on Verizon with this phone (also CDMA) seem to be having issues getting updates. The Verizon Nexus is still running 4.0.2 that the phone originally shipped with. The Sprint one shipped with 4.0.4

Wizard

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

Well I'm not happy to hear that.  Let hope it's a Verizon issue.  Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

No Sprint VVM on any Nexus phones, go with Google Voice for a similar experience.

Journeyman

Re: Visual voice mail and the Galaxy Nexus

If they manage to fix my data service problem before my 14 days are up I will try google voice as replacement for vm.

Not holding my breath Samsung will get a update done in such a short time, their track record speaks for its self

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat