Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did anyone get their $40 google wallet credit?

Highlighted
Journeyman

did anyone get their $40 google wallet credit?

I bought my Galaxy Nexus the first day it was  available for pre-order. I think it was April 20th. Anyways has anyone gotten the whole $50 google wallet credit? I got the initial $10 but never recieved the other $40 and its been almost a month.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

Here are the terms and condtions for the $50  Google Wallet promotion.

Get $50 in your Google Wallet

Terms and conditions: Upon successful activation of Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus within seven days of purchase during promotional period of 4/22-5/22 (also includes devices pre-ordered before 4/22), there will be a $10 credit added to your Google Wallet prepaid card. Additional $40 credit will be added to your Google Wallet prepaid card within three weeks of Google Wallet activation. To see where your Google Wallet prepaid card will work, please go to http://www.google.com/wallet/where-it-works.html. For more questions or inquiries about this offer please call: 855-492-5538. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Called google wallet. there has been a problem with some pre-ordered phones and they should recieve the credit by the 15th( tomorrow) and if we havnt gotten it by then we should call wallet and they can from there force the credit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting and I was NOT a pre-order.  There is some " problem " with the system,  It is supposed to be fixed over this weekend...  I am kind of tired of calling for the last 2 weeks.......

Sprint gives NO support what  so ever with this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Out of 2 we preordered, one got it, one (mine) didn't.  I've called Google wallet three times, they say I'm eligible, will escalate the request for the credit but still nothing. I can't believe Sprint doesn't intervene on behalf of ITS customers if there is an admitted widespread problem.  No, they said they can't do anything about it even though they promoted with their email.  Go figure

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spoke with Google Wallet.  If your phone is rooted, you can kiss that $40 goodbye.  Google Wallet does not support rooted phones due to security issues.  Not sure where this was in the fine print.  Seems to be a bad policy given the number of users who root their android devices.  I mean, android is an open source project, right?  Shame on Google for such hypocritical policies.

Highlighted
Wizard

dudewib13 wrote:

I just spoke with Google Wallet.  If your phone is rooted, you can kiss that $40 goodbye.  Google Wallet does not support rooted phones due to security issues.  Not sure where this was in the fine print.  Seems to be a bad policy given the number of users who root their android devices.  I mean, android is an open source project, right?  Shame on Google for such hypocritical policies.

Well, as you mentioned, it's a policy for security issues.  The problem is that rooting your phone gives you the ability to turn off security features on the device that prevent brute force attacks on your device that can reveal your pin number for Google Wallet.  If someone were to do this, they would have access to any card information you have stored in Google Wallet and be able to use them to purchase anything they wanted.  Advising not to use Google Wallet and discouraging it is a pretty good measure - at least in my eyes - to help prevent theft.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I call the whole ROOTING thing BS.... They should have never gave me the initial $10 dollars. I had this phone rooted from day one before I activated wallet. They need to clear that this is a developer phone and changes will be done to it.  They are just trying to find some flaw to avoid paying..... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the second time for me that one of these Sprint promotions didn't go smoothly. Months ago when Sprint did the movie ticket promotion I ordered 2 tickets, was charged but never recived the tickets. The promotion partner in that (I can't remember the company) never answered my calls or returned a call from my messages. Sprint's reps didn't even know what I was talking about when I called them to complain. I got a bill redit instead of the tickets I ordered.

I haven't recieved my $40 in Google Wallet. I called the Money Network and they said they'd push it through ... still nothing. I think Sprint should have tighter control on their promotions or the parters they work with.  I'm going to keep calling the Money Network, but I figure I'll never get the money and I have to fight Sprint for a bill credit again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I called Google Wallet for the fourth time yesterday after being promised twice that my $40 credit had been escalated. NOW, Google Money Network is blaming Sprint for the delay. And of course, when I originally contacted Sprint about THEIR promotion, they told me it was Google Wallet that was responsible for issuing the credits. I hate this kind of pass-the-buck crap. It's so avoidable, but yet it engenders such ill will to customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not buy my phone as a Pre order, and I have complied with the terms and conditions as listed above. I have not rooted my phone. I spoke with Money Network and Google Wallet, both of which seem to be pointing fingers in all directions and there is the "problem" they are having. I have been promised my claim has been "Escalated" and that someone will contact me soon. I still don't have the 40.00 and nobody contacted me. Also, today when I try to sign in, Google Wallet says it cannot contact the bank and my balance is unavailable.

This app and service seems unstable and not something I would rely on for a payment method. It's OK for quick little purchases like a soda at the gas station, but there is no way I would rely on this for anything else. I called to see why I couldn't connect and the lady told me they are updating the system (it's been 8 hours), how would I rely on this for a payment service??

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat