cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

Hello.  I changed providers (but NOT cellphone number) from Sprint to Verizon.  I thought I might have to do some type of swapping over in GV as I had been an integrated GV person from early on, but it seems I cannot disengage myself from the Sprint integration of GV.  When I try to either delete or disable the Sprint integration, I get the following:

Google Voice cannot be disable the Sprint integration on this phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be disabled.

I have done my share of web searching and from what I found, everyone says it'll take a couple of days and/or the end of the billing cycle for Sprint to disengage itself from GV.  OK, I can buy that.  But it's been 10 days since I changed providers and my last Sprint billing cycle ended on Nov. 23 (with a credit on my current account) but I still do not get calls forwarded to my new phone (even though the cell phone number did not change) and I can't do anything as far as the settings in GV to manually make a change.  So just how long is "a few days"?  I don't assume anyone at Sprint will help now that I am not their customer anymore, but I thought I'd see if anyone here had the same issue and how it was resolved.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

Apparently this is an issue with leaving Sprint to go anywhere else and was discovered this month (November 2014).  See https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/8RHSFQUX6h0

for more info.  Basically states that it's Sprint's issue to fix.  Sprint has at least identified the bug on their side. They're working on a fix and they say it should be ready at the end of this week.

Master

Re: Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Please send us a private message including your phone number and best time to reach you. I will like to take a further look into this.

- Destiny
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'd like to chime in that I'm having the same issue, moved to verizon and want to get gvoice to work there as I don't recieve messages at my job because of the spotty service there, phone sits in airplane mode all day and I'd like to continue to have gvoice to communicate.

Highlighted
Master

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN,

I don't have the answer to that offhand, but I will find it. Let me do some research, OK? On the meantime click here http://bit.ly/1B7Vsf3 to Disabling Google Voice on Sprint.
Lora
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you but I have already been to that link and it does nothing for me.  As I wrote originally, I have done all the attempted disabling but get that error message each time.

Journeyman

If I can figure out how to leave a private message I will do so.

Master

Click the following,

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Smotrs:

Thank you for the link.  I will use that to send them a message.

UPDATE:  I have this halfway fixed now.  Today I checked the status in GV on the web and saw I was still integrated with Sprint and tried to do the disable again with the same error.  This time I also checked the EDIT section (instead of just trying to DISABLE or DELETE) and on this page is where you can name your phone and check the carrier.  I clicked on "Check Operator" and that made it change from Sprint to Verizon!  YAY! So now it does say Verizon is my carrier.  I had someone make a call to the GV number but it still did not ring on my cell phone.  I logged all the way out of GV on my phone and logged back in and it still says I am with Sprint.     But at least it's making progress,  Maybe it'll just take some time to drop Sprint.  I will log out and back in again later to see if that fixes it.

Master

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN - Hey there. Were you able to send us that private message? Here is the link again http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Looking forward to speaking with you. - Erica Sprint Social Care
Master

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN,

Let us know if it works out for you.

West
Sprint Social Care
Master

KENNYP1960-community,

Thank you so much for that information. I will love to assist you. Please send a private message including your phone number and best time to reach you.

- Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.