cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

Clyde,

I have sent a private message a couple days ago.  I got a generic reply but no real help. ("Thank you for keeping us updated. Let us know if the issue does resolve itself.")

Currently in GV on the web, it does say that my service provider is now Verizon. But that has made no difference on the phone itself.  I have logged all the way out, even uninstalled GV on my phone and reinstalled it, and when I choose the mobile number it still states "This Sprint phone number is integrated with your Google Voice account."

So other than the correct new carrier showing on the GV webpage, nothing has changed as far as having GV number ringing on my new cell phone (with the same cell number as Sprint was).

Master

Re: Different issue: left Sprint and now cannot disable my Spring phone from GV to integrate with new phone

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN - I do see that PM thread. I apologize for the lack of an answer. Can you resend the PM and include your account PIN so we can look into this for you. Once again I apologize. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK, another private message sent (number 286316).  Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is this? And why is my bill $268.00 when I'm only supposed to be paying $60.00 all include plan?

Master

ABUNDANCEABOUNDSTN - Thanks for the info. I did just reply to your PM sent. Thanks! - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Master

Revemmie - We can look into this for you. Please follow the link that I have provided so we can get started on this. http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

UPDATE:

I finally got a plausible answer from Sprint Care regarding why the GV phone app still says it is integrated with Sprint even though the GV account says my phone is now with Verizon:

Looking at your account I see that the line was canceled on 9/21/2014. While it has been 13 days, the line was canceled with two days left with the in the billing cycle. This can take one full billing cycle (30 days) to take affect.

It's not what I want to hear but at least it's a plausible answer.  I guess I will have to wait 2-3 more weeks before expecting changes on the phone's end. I hope that helps others as well.

Master

What happens if you disable GV for those 3 weeks?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

What happens if you disable GV for those 3 weeks?

I still can't disable or delete my cell phone in my GV account.  Since in my case the GV number also rings on my home line, (the main point of me getting GV was to have one number ring multiple place) it's not like the number is inoperable until this gets sorted out. Now for someone who only has GV ringing on their cell, I cannot answer. Also, I use GV texting as my main messaging system (you can't beat saved and searchable texts from multiple devices!) so there is no way I want to give that up.  As I said above, I guess I will just keep checking every few days to see if the app ever changes over to seeing me off Sprint.

Master

Got it, makes sense.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.