cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Google Voice and Sprint WiFi Calling work together?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Does Google Voice and Sprint WiFi Calling work together?

Enabled my number to Google Voice, now WiFi Calling no longer shows up on phone even thought its enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: Does Google Voice and Sprint WiFi Calling work together?

wifi calling uses your phone number..so in this case GV might be taking it over and forcing wifi calling to stop. do you use GV when youre out and about or mainly while at home?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I use it at home and at work, both stopped working.  I guess I could stop GV and test, but hoping for an official answer from Sprint.

GrandMaster

do you have wifi at work? to be honest i have came across tons of people with issues when it comes to GV and the like..if you only use it while connected to wifi anyways personally i would toss GV for a while and just run the wifi calling..see which works out better for you..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

well, after mucking with my phone settings, gv and sprint wifi are not compatable at the same timesprint.jpg

GrandMaster

huh...now the big one..which to chose..if its going to be a rough one let fate decide and flip a coin lol.

Journeyman

I have the exact same issue, but I know that I want to get rid of WiFi calling.    

I was only trying it out while I was out of the US.

Did this issue get resolved, and if so, how?

John

Sprint Social Care

Hello drjohn_97,

We have checked that Google Voice and Wi-Fi calling don't work simultaneously. Please refer back to answer marked as correct on the thread.

In this case, if you want to remove the Wi-Fi Calling and use Google Voice instead, you just need to disable the Wi-Fi calling feature.

In order to help you disable the Wi-Fi calling, please provide us with the make and model of your phone to provide you with the steps.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.