cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Framily - Google Voice

Go to solution
Journeyman

Framily - Google Voice

Hello. I just switched out plan from a grandfathered 1500 minute family plan with unlimited data to a framily plan (unlimited calls/texts.) Two lines on our account had full GV intergration for texts and voicemail. As of the effective date of switching to the framily plan, neither line uses Google Voice for incoming texts or voicemails. I understand that by using GV for texts, we use data instead of the unlimited messages available on the plan, but I'd much prefer to use Google Voice rather than the native messaging options. Is GV integration still supported in the framily plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Framily - Google Voice

I'm having the same issue. So far there hasn't been a solution to this problem. I do like having GV for several reasons so it would be nice to hear from Sprint about this issue.

Master

JerryQT Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, we're aware of this issue. It looks like when changing plans google voice is being disabled. Have you tried re-integrating this service through Google?

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I did try yesterday. I disassociated my Sprint number from Google Voice, then re-added my number. Minutes later I got a pop up on my phone telling me that Google Voice was being set up. I sent myself test text messages and voicemails afterward. Google Voice did not pick up either of them.

I'll try again tonight, this time maybe clearing data from the app, uninstalling Google Voice from my phone and then rebooting - after I remove my Sprint number from the Google Voice account. Will report back how it goes.

Journeyman

No luck. Doesn't seem to have worked. When launching Google Voice, I did get the message that it checked carrier integration, and that GV was integrating with Sprint. But I did have a message saying that notifications for incoming messages would be disabled. I went into GV settings and the text message notify box is checked - but also greyed out.

Master

JerryQT,

I've done some research in regards to this issue and at this time since it's the Google Voice code is removed from your account you'll need to contact Google to activate the code back on your account.

Dania
Social Care
Journeyman

Actually - I just logged into GV online at work, and I just realized that I am receiving text messages on GV. On my phone they appear in the native messaging app - but I can deal with that. It was about 8PM EST when I deleted my Sprint number from GV, then added it back. By 9PM I've received text messages.

As long as I know I can launch GV to also see the messages and respond that way, I'll have them archived using Google.

I also just successfully left myself a VM and it showed up on my GV account!!!!!.

So there you have it folks - simply remove your Sprint number from your Google Voice account and add it back. For some reason it didn't work immediately for me, but within the hour it did.

******Update - to get notifications via Gooigle Voice, I had to launch the app, go into settings, select "Receive text messages", select "via the Google Voice app" (it defaulted to Via the messaging app), and make sure that the Text notifications box was checked.

Journeyman

This worked for me, but only after I deleted GV data on my Android device, uninstalled GV and reinstalled it.

Highlighted
Master

webos4life,

Have you tried out the suggestion Eduardo provided? Keep us updated we want to make sure a solution was provided.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Master

JerryQT,

Thank you for the update and please do let us know if you have any further questions and/or concerns.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

i tried deleting my number from GV and putting it back in still getting Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled.

please help this is the ONLY reason i stay with sprint, and without it i will be returning the s5 and gear2

just bought a phone with easy pay and apparently my plan was changed to one of these framily plans

Journeyman

GGo to google voice per internet or PC login. Under your provider, deselect SPRINT! It will stop your google voice and return your sprint service.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.