cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice Account Eligibility Info

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Nearly all Sprint accounts can now use Google Voice for their voicemail provider and more -- with a few exceptions:

Restricted Account Types for using Google Voice on Sprint:

• Reseller =       MVNOs (uses Sprint network, but not Sprint branded)
  • BOOST Mobile CDMA/iDEN
  • Sprint iDEN (Direct Connect iDEN phones)
  • Non-Sprint       (competitor) - Any non-Sprint Customer(sorry Verizon customers!)
  • Corporate Liable Acct_Type - C  or
  • Government accounts with Acct_Type - G

Hope this helps!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
    Tags (2)
    7 REPLIES 7
    Sprint Product Ambassador

And as a side note (not approved by anyone), some customers have had their account types assigned to a 'Corporate liable' account type to set up various discounts.  That's getting fixed quickly.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
    Journeyman

Is there a way (preferably without having to call) to check what account type is associated with our accounts? I'm one of those people who have a discount through my employer, so I'm guessing (hoping) my integration problem will work itself out as that specific issue is quickly getting fixed

Wizard

No, I don't think there is a way for customers to check what account type they're on, this is really just a Sprint-internal specification that's not used in a customer-facing way.

Journeyman

Hmm, bummer. Hopefully it'll all just work itself out, at least for me (ya, okay, everyone else too). Back to patiently awaiting awesome new google voice integration.

Wizard

Unless your company or organization through which you get a discount pays your bill, this should be resolved now.  Please see http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/286592#286592.

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice Account Eligibility Info

Hmm, I'm still getting "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."

Work definitely doesn't pay my bill. Could being a new Sprint customer have anything to do with it? I just switched from T-mobile to Sprint Sunday May 8 (when the Nexus S 4g came out).

It seems I spoke too soon (or you guys did some magic). I'm now able to integrate! Only thing left to do is decide which # I want to keep.

Thanks for all the help, great customer service, glad I switched to Sprint.

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice Account Eligibility Info

ClaudiPo - Do you know if Sprint will ever allow the account owner of a corporate liable account (i.e. I am the account owner for a small business plan) to make the call to allow for Google Voice integration?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.