cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice Integration problems on Galaxy S8

Journeyman

Google Voice Integration problems on Galaxy S8

Like others on here, I have been unable to integrate google voice since upgrading to a Galaxy S8. GV worked on my Galaxy S5. After upgrading to the S8, I received an email from google stating that google integration has been disabled. I attempted to integrate the S8 without success. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager

Re: Google Voice Integration problems on Galaxy S8

Do you have WiFi Calling (now called CallingPLUS) enabled on your device?

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

My Google Voice worked on my new Samsung S8 -- *until* I turned on LTE calling.  In order to turn on LTE Calling, Sprint forces you to turn on WiFi calling (at least initially), which the prompt tells you will disable GV.  I was hoping to re-integrate GV after turning off WiFi calling (but leaving on LTE Calling under Calling Plus), but Sprint doesn't allow that.  So tonight, I went back and turned off Calling Plus (WiFi & LTE) altogether, and several hours later, there's no ability thru Google Voice to "use my own mobile number" for Google Voice (in order to go back to what I had one day ago).

How do I re-integrate on my Samsung S8 after turning off Calling Plus???

Sprint Social Care

joelnyc,

Hi! Have you tried to power cycle the device? You can also try to update data profile by following these steps:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to and tap System Updates.

4. Tap Update Profile.

5. Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  I did "Update Profile" after turning OFF "Calling Plus," which includes WiFi Calling, but I still can't re-integrate Google Voice with my Sprint number. 

Sprint Social Care

joelnyc,

I will need you try to turn off the device and then turn it back on, and please let me know the exact steps you are taken to set up the GV, also provide me with screenshots of any error you receive.  

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

did you turn off calling plus and wifi calling or did you deactivate it?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks.  What is the difference between turning it off and deactivating it?

And to the other person, I did turn off & also restart my phone, but no luck...

Community Manager

Both GV and Calling Plus move your call from one system to another.  For Calling Plus, your voice call is moved from CDMA to LTE or WiFi.  You can only have one of these kinds of features active at a time because you can only 'transfer' the call from one source to another one time.  

Deactivating tells the Sprint back end systems you no longer need the use of the feature that is moving your call from CDMA to LTE or WiFi.  This frees up the spot for Google Voice to use instead.

You can find instructions for disabling Calling Plus here on the FAQ page

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I *did* deactivate Calling Plus -- 5 days ago now.  Still no ability to use my own Sprint carrier number with Google Voice, as I had been able to do until just over a week ago.  What else can I do???

Sprint Social Care

Hello joelnyc, I would like to take a look at your account and help you out activating Google Voice. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I got Google Voice to work with my S8. What I did was dialed *73 and my Google Voice number. Then I made another call and dialed *74 and my Google Voice number and it works fine.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.