cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice integration forbidden with 1 year free unlimited plan?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice integration forbidden with 1 year free unlimited plan?

I have a Google Pixel which I brought to Sprint a week ago under BYOD, 1 year free unlimited.

As you are aware, since it's BYOD I have no visual voicemail app.

I tried to set up / integrate Google Voice as a workaround, but received a message from Google to contact Sprint because this number cannot be integrated.

Using *73 I was able to forward my missed calls to Google, but - they show up as missed calls and do not trigger Google to actually prompt for, or record, a voicemail. 

I contacted support. I don't have WiFi calling, any kind of blocking, CallingPlus, anything enabled that would cause a problem.

The problem is apparently that Sprint has disallowed Voice integration on my plan. WHY THOUGH? I have to call into the system like it's 1992 and listen to the entire 5 minute voicemail repeatedly just to hear someone mumble their number at the end.

I was told that in order to have usable voicemail, I'd need to change off the current plan - in essence, pay $720 a year for voicemail. That cannot be right, can it? What's the workaround to the workaround? 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice integration forbidden with 1 year free unlimited plan?

doing more research: 

there is NOTHING here about Google voice restrictions for this plan

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

and NOTHING here either

https://www.sprint.com/landings/googlevoice/?ECID=vanity:googlevoice

Sprint Social Care

Re: Google Voice integration forbidden with 1 year free unlimited plan?

Hello @resignation, thank you so much for reaching out. We would like to review your account. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.