cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice integration not working on new phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice integration not working on new phone

I'm a brand new customer and having the problem also, I've attempted all these steps with no resolution, could you perhaps check into mine? Smiley Happy

Sprint Social Care

Good morning! @wtfwal, we would like to take a look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi folks, I'm afraid I have some good news and some bad news.  The good news is that we're very close to offering a a true VoLTE solution for our customers.  

The bad news is that as Sprint moves towards that VoLTE solution, we're no longer able to support Google Voice integration. If you're on a device that's capable of using Calling Plus or Voice Call Continuity you will have already to make a choice about which service you'd like to use. The technology that shifts a call from CDMA to LTE is the same as that shifting a call from a Sprint number to a WiFi, to a Google Voice number and vice versa. Since only one such trigger may be active on a line at a time, we've had to prevent integration in favor of these enhanced calling services.

Devices that are already integrated will continue to have access for the time being but new devices cannot make the integration and customers who remove GV from their lines will not be able to add it back.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.