cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice integration not working on new phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Google Voice integration not working on new phone

I have read many other threads about Google Voice integration issues. I checked my account to be sure I had no numbers blocked. I turned off wifi calling. I spoke with Sprint customer service. I waited one month in case the new phone affected my contract.

But still when I get to the stage in Google Voice where I have to click "Check Eligibility for Sprint Integration" , I still get "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: Google Voice integration not working on new phone

soooo......which device is it? and did you turn off wifi calling or disable it?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello @SD4828023, We would like to review your account and see if there is anything blocking the activation. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Note 8. Yes I turned off wifi calling as well.
Journeyman

I discovered the problem on the Google Voice forum (thanks bluescat ! )

I had turned on WiFi Calling (called Calling Plus on the Note 8) at one time. That provisioned the service for my account.  I later turned it off - but it was still provisioned. I had to deactivate it instead.  The process for this on the Note 8 is as follows:

- Turn Calling Plus ON

- Select the extended menu (three dots in upper right) - choose DEACTIVATE

- Follow the next few screens - at the bottom of the first one, choose DEACTIVATE - then confirm on the following screens. Be patient, some of them take 30 seconds to load.

On other phones, the deactivate button is on the screen where you set your 9-1-1 address information.

After this process, I was able to go to Google Voice - Legacy Google Voice - Settings - Enable Google Voice Integration -  hooray!

Journeyman

I am facing same issue since I changed my plan, I am not seeing message saying Enabled by sprint in google voice account, I used to make direct international calls using my sprint number with google voice rates without any help of app. Loosing this feature is very bad, tried calling and chatting with so many sprint reps but no use Smiley Sad. None of the reps have enough information on this integration, on the other side google also not supporting.

Any help is appreciated!

Sprint Social Care

Hi @SreekEvo1, Can you please let me know, Are you using Wi-Fi calling? In order to successfully activate Google voice on your device, you need to disable that feature.

To disable Wi-Fi Calling please follow this steps:

1. On the phone, select Settings > Phone _Wi-Fi Calls.
  2. Ensure Wi-Fi Calling is OFF.
  3. If Wi-Fi Calling is ON: Slide Wi-Fi Calling to OFF.

To activate Google voice on android devices you can access this link: http://bit.ly/2hm8C1X

To activate Google voice on Apple devices please feel free to follow the steps listed on this link: http://bit.ly/2FJLR73

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

I am not using WiFi calling.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Journeyman

@sprint_jay I am not using WiFi calling.
Sprint Social Care

Understood @SreekEvo1. I was looking for information about the error on the Google forum because Sprint cannot manually add the Google Voice feature code.   It must be added only via the Google Voice, Can you please try this steps as a work around?

1. Sign out of, and then delete (or clear the cache and data on), the mobile Google Voice app on your phone. Wait a few minutes, then power-cycle your phone and set it aside.
  2. Log into your Sprint (not Google Voice) account on the web. Find the list of standard and add-on features for your phone's plan. Look at the list of add-on features on the right column. If you see "Google Voice  $0.00", then you must call Sprint customer care, and ask them to remove the Google Voice feature add-on. You cannot fix your problem if this code is presently on the account.  Next, assuming it is gone, review the preferences section of your Sprint account to make sure that none of the features with the word "block" are turned on. This includes blocking text messages or calls from specific phone numbers. The Sprint call and text blocking features are incompatible with Google Voice, and will prevent integration if enabled.
  3. On your mobile phone, you must turn off (disable) Sprint WiFi calling, which is completely incompatible with Google Voice/Sprint integration.
  4. Now, follow the steps in your original post to enable integration, from your computer, not from your phone. Don't sign into the mobile Google Voice app until integration is working.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Verified my account, no add on service for google calling and no wifi calling enabled. Screenshot also attached for your reference @Sprint_Jeyimage.png

Sprint Social Care

We would like to take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.