cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice no longer works with Sprint - Option 2

Journeyman

Google Voice no longer works with Sprint - Option 2

I have had a google voice number setup with Sprint for one year now.  Everything has worked fine until this morning.  I received the following email:

We are contacting you to let you know that your Google Voice integration with your Sprint phone number (941) xxx-xxxx has been disabled by Sprint.

This usually automatically happens when certain changes are made on your account that are not compatible with the Google Voice integration. These include, but aren't limited to, changes to your wireless plan minutes, adding a new number to your account, billing issues, etc.

If you would like to re-enable your Google Voice Sprint integration, you will need to log in to your account and click on the "enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone" link.

If you are having issues re-integrating, there may have been a change on your Sprint account that makes you no longer eligible for the Google Voice integration with Sprint. You can read more about eligibility in our Help Center.

Please visit the Google Voice Help Center for additional information. Additionally, for any Sprint-specific issues, please contact a Sprint support representative.

Sincerely,
  The Google Voice Team

I logged into my Google voice account to reset the number.  When I tried to set it up again, I received the following message:

Option 1: Replace your Google Voice number with your Sprint number
Calls made from Google Voice and Gmail will display your Sprint number. Your Google Voice number will remain on your account for 90 days.
Enable with my Sprint Number
Option 2: Replace your Sprint number with your Google Voice number
Calls made from your Sprint handset will display your Google Voice number.
Enable with my Google Voice number

I select Option 2, which is what I previously had selected for my 813.xxx.xxx number.  

When I select the Option 2, I receive the following message:

Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled.

At this point, I have now called Sprint 4 times, called the store, and have been transferred over 10 times.  No one has a clue what they (or I am) are talking about, and I keep getting passed to another department.  Every person has spoken poor English, will not let me speak to their manager, and then passes me on.  

I have two solutions:
- Port my number from Google. 
- Change the security to what it was this morning. 

How can I get this resolved as quickly as possible?

Thank you, 
A customer since 2005.  Now a very unhappy customer.
8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Google Voice no longer works with Sprint - Option 2

Hello SprintGoogleUse! We'll be glad to review this. Please take a look at your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Jeffrey,

I have 2 numbers with Sprint.  One was integrated with Google Voice (GV) several years ago (including porting the # to GV) and works flawlessly. It was not an easy process to integrate at the time, I recall.  Today, I unsuccessfully attempted to integrate my other Sprint number with GV.  I have seen some posts suggesting that this is no longer supported and I also had a Sprint tech support associate share with me that this may no longer be an option - though I sensed he was unsure as he had not done work on GV integration.

You seem quite knowledgable and helpful, so I am turning to you. 

1. Can I port my Sprint # to Google Voice and retain Sprint service such that unanwered calls to my Sprint # record voicemails on GV. [Effectively, I would like Google to have my Sprint # as the Google Voice # with no disruption of Sprint service. When I attempted this today, i was forced to select another GV # and then link my Sprint #, which only forwards inbound calls to the GV# to my Sprint #.
  2. FYI - On the GV account site, i received the following message: "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled." 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've been a Sprint customer for over a decade.

GV account will be used on a Samsung S7 and is not mistakenly associated with any other GV accounts .

Thanks!

Sprint Social Care

Hello @kvasudevan, thank you so much for reaching out to us. Let's take a look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello Jeffrey,

I am experiencing a similar issue to what SprintGoogleUser was experiencing but for option 1, not option 2. 

I was recently switched to the Unlimited Freedom-SD Promo Plan and since then I have been unable to make my Google voice phone number be the same as my Sprint cell phone number. When I try, I receive the error:  "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."   I was informed by Sprint customer service that the Unlimited Freedom-SD Promo Plan does not have the compatibility or features available to be able to make my Google voice phone number be the same as my Sprint cell phone number. Do you have a solution or do I need to switch to a different Sprint phone plan that will allow me to make my Google voice phone number be the same as my Sprint cell phone number?

Journeyman

Jeffrey,

Forgot to thank you publicly.  Grateful for your timely and accurate help.

Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Jeffrey@kvasudevan,  @Sprint_Joel

I am facing the same problem after changing my plan to Advantage unlimited freedom . Can someone let me know how the issue is resolved? Thank you.

Journeyman

@raghubodduluru What worked for me was deleting the Wi-Fi calling app, then turning Wi-Fi calling back on on my phone. Then I went into the Wi-Fi calling settings and selected "Deactivate Wi-Fi calling service", and then there was page to confirm my 911 home address with an OK button at the bottom but right above that was another button to  "Deactivate Wi-Fi calling service" so I pressed that button. My phone did a PRL update, and then I rebooted it and tried Google voice integration again, and it finally worked without an error.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

We are talking about a few different things here. 1 Google voice integration with Sprint. This is being decommissioned, 2 is porting your Sprint phone number into Google Voice account, this is still possible, and 3rd is conditional call forwarding that allows one to use their Google voice for voicemail, This also is still available, but you cannot turn on conditional call forwarding while wifi calling, or calling plus are enabled. Additionally turning on wifi calling or calling plus deactivates conditional call forwarding (that's the *28/*38 command for Busy/No Answer forwarding)

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.