cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google voice is not working

Journeyman

Google voice is not working

Hi, I am on the 1 year free unlimited plan for the last few months. I am constantly trying to get the GV+Sprint integration, and I am always getting an error. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks In advance

16 REPLIES 16
Sprint Social Care

Re: Google voice is not working

Hello msstylew, allow me the opportunity to assist you and improve your experience. If you encounter the error message "Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone" or "Google Voice has been disabled" please check for this possible reason:

• Google Voice and Calling PLUS (as WiFi calling has been renamed) are not compatible with one another. If you need Google Voice integration, you have to disable Calling PLUS on your phone.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks I try to disable Wi-Fi calling and you’re still not working
Sprint Social Care

Just to confirm, you disabled Wi-Fi calling and not just turned it off?

I'd like to review the steps taken to activate Google Voice and let me know if you followed like this:

1. Go to Google Voice and sign in with Google Account information.
  2. Once signed in, click I want to use my mobile number.
  3. Enter the Sprint phone number, then click Check for available options.
  4. Google checks for available setup options.
  5. Once the number is verified, click Enable Google Voice on your Sprint Phone.
  6. When the warning prompt displays, click Continue.
  7. When a numerical verification code is displayed, click Call Me Now to receive a call.
  8. When the call is received, enter the verification code displayed in the portal on the phone when prompted.
  9. When a numerical verification code is displayed, click Call Me Now to receive a call on the forwarding phone.
  10. When the call is received on the forwarding phone, enter the verification code to verify the phone number is the right one.
  11. Google Voice is integrated with Sprint.
  12. Once the Sprint phone is set up, you can choose to record a new voicemail greeting, add other phones to ring, or learn more.
  13. Click Finish.
  14. Sprint Phone number is now displayed as Google Voice number.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks try to help me
I do all the things he tell me he still not working
Sprint Social Care

In this case, I'd like to continue to assist you in a Private thread. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. I have an I-Phone 7. I tried the wifi calling yesterday and it disabled my GV account. I have tried re-activating it but it says it is not compatible with the phone and to call Sprint support. 

I have spent about 4 hours on this wiht no resolution. Wi-fi is not switched on.

Can GV be reactivated or has that option been lost now?

Tx

GrandMaster

3rd post above yours is a run down on what to try and do to fix this on your end. did you attempt any of them and if so did you get any errors kicked back at you?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

for whats its worth..wifi calling must be deactivated..not just turned off.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have tried deactivating wi-fi in my device preferences from the website but it will not let me. Is this a call to Sprint to get this done? Tx
Sprint Social Care

Hello roztom, I have received and responded to your Private Message, feel free to review at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't seem to have the option to "use my Sprint number as my google voice number" listed in option 2.  

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.