Google voice with iPhone 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Google voice with iPhone 6

I would like to find a solution that will do the following:

1) voicemail transcription sent to email

2) text messages sent to email

if I get an iPhone 6 on the sprint network, will I be able to do the above?  Is it better for me to use google voice integration with a sprin number, or should I port my existing number to Google Voice to get more capabilities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Google voice with iPhone 6

GIGEMGAL

Google Voice is a good option to view your messages. You can view your text messages online through your Google Voice account number. Let us know if you have any concerns.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I Agree. I am currently using goggle voice integration on sprint with an android.  I need a new phone and would like to get an iPhone.  But I do not want to lose any capabilities.  I would like to know if the two requirements I mentioned in original post are possible with iPhone.  Currently, I do not get texts sent to my email, which is something I would like to accomplish with a new phone.  I would like to know if I should stick with integration options, or if I should use this opportunity to port my number to a full google voice number for a better experience.

any answers folks can provide would be appreciated, bc I don't know how else to get my questions answered before I buy a new phone.

Master

GIGEMGAL

You will have the same integration process for your Android and Apple device. These are features and capabilities permitted through your Google Voice account. We appreciate your time and patience.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for ypur help.  After doing more reading, I realized that I have been using a google Voice Lite on my android, instead of integration option 1.  Makes sense now that I see the difference, but never knew I could be enjoying more features through integration!  I look forward to seeing how option 1 works with the iPhone 6. 

GrandMaster

keep in mind that google voice will be getting shut down here sooner than later and in its place will be hangouts..well actually hangouts is already there to replace it but GV itself will be shut down here soon. maybe a few more months.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.