cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have GV/Sprint Integration for years- Suddenly not working properly

Journeyman

Have GV/Sprint Integration for years- Suddenly not working properly

I have had Sprint for years and integrated with Google Voice when offered.  It is in large part why we stay with Sprint.  Within the past 24 hours, the integration is not working properly.

I have GV set up so that when my integrated number is called, both my Sprint mobile phone and my home number ring.  Now only the home number rings and the mobile phone does not.  If I do not answer the home phone, it goes to Voice Mail.  The first I know of a call is when a Google Voice mail transcript shows up in my email.

• I have not changed any of the GV settings in years and they all look correct. 
  • The only other troubleshooting that seemed to have an effect was when I turned off Wifi.  When I am at home, I often turn on Wifi on my phone to update apps etc.  When I turned it off and had a friend call me, both the house phone and the mobile phone rang.
  • This problem does not seem to affect texting.

Can anyone shed light on this problem. 

Using Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 7.0)

18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Social Care

Re: Have GV/Sprint Integration for years- Suddenly not working properly

VMH1,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will need to confirm if by any chance you have processed any plan changes recently, also, the Wi-Fi calling may affect this, have you tried to install Wi-Fi calling?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello:

No nothing has changed to my plan, to my phone, to my Google Voice Settings.  There was a Sprint update to the phone a few days ago, I think the 11th September.  I have software version G930PVPU4BQH1, Android 7,

Journeyman

Oh and sorry. NO I have not tried installing Wifi Calling for several reasons 1) I did not know what it really was.  2) everything has been working just fine for years and I did not want to chance messing anything up. 

I have made NO changes (other than allowing the Sprint update on the 11th), this problem just started all by itself.

Sprint Social Care

Thank you for the clarification. Please allow us to take a look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

i too had an issue i upgraded to note 8 on friday, everything was good for hours, then in the am woke to email from google saying sprint disabled gv, now no way to re integrate, and i get busy message when trying to acess sprint vm

Journeyman

All of a sudden the problem has stopped/resolved itself with no changes on my part.  It performs as expected both when connected to Wifi and not. 

Sprint Social Care

jph006,

I am sorry to read that, let's take a look to the account to confirm that everything is set up correctly, I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Did you by chance figure this out?  I also purchased new Note 8 and got an email from GV that my account needs be be enabled.  I don't even see the option of enabling account. 

Journeyman

Hello Kryshna,

If you ever figure out what happened, it would be interesting to know in case it happens again.

I do not know how it fixed itself any more than I know how the problem started in the first place.  I only know that I never changed anything either time.  Just glad the phone is working normally again.

Thank you

Sprint Social Care

HairyAlex and VMH1

Hey guys! I will need to take a look your account to confirm you guys have the Google Voice added in the services and based on that I'll be able to verify any other future steps to take.

I was able to see that Jeffrey sent you VMH1 a private message, please check your inbox.

HairyAlex I will be sending you a private message, please respond at your earliest inconvenience.  

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Kryshna,

I would appreciate know or getting whatever help you provided to the others. My GalaxyS7 had integration working fine until I attempted to set up wifi calling. Then it unlinked my google voice integration.  I tried to re-do the process and Google voice says that my phone can't be integrated. This is odd, since it was working for the past year plus. 

Thank you,

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.