cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Resolve Issues with making/ receiving calls after number change

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to Resolve Issues with making/ receiving calls after number change

I had researched this issue and could not find any resolutions online how to resolve.  After working with tech support we were able to locate the issue and resolve.

The issue occurs with either Android or iPhone when a phone number is changed on Sprint, you must deactivate google voice prior to processing the number change.  As a safety net, you may want to call/chat with Sprint to make sure the google voice account has been disabled and/or removed before changing your number.  

I worked for 4 technicians and the last technician was able to locate the problem immediately and resolve.  

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Issues with making and receiving calls after phone number change (resolved)

Thanks @ryan2451 for the great info.  One question for the folks out there reading: were you able to reintegrate GV after you got everything set back up?

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

Have a question about your Sprint Service? Feel free to create a discussion in the appropriate space.
Did you get the help you needed? Be sure to mark the answer an "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Yes I able to set up my Google Voice account again and it works flawlessly.  

Community Manager

W00T!  

I actually dealt with something very similar about 3 years ago when I was an agent.  It took a long time and several engineers to figure out that GV and (for this customer) selective call blocking through Sprint were mucking up his system.

I can't give you a little green check by your thread for "accepted solution" because you are sharing your own solution.  Instead, I've featured your post AND I'm going to nominate it for a "TKB" meaning Tribal Knowledge Base.  TKBs are kind of like wiki articles, they're documents with solutions, Q&A info or just generalized information that are great reference guides.  By nominating this thread, I send it to a list of helpful information and ideas for myself and other TKB authors as the basis of an article.  When we create a TKB around GV integration and/or issues making/receiving phone calls, your info can be included.  Thanks for contributing to a better community!

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

Have a question about your Sprint Service? Feel free to create a discussion in the appropriate space.
Did you get the help you needed? Be sure to mark the answer an "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

That's great.  I am sure it will not be a solution for everyone, but to at least have it out there as a troubleshooting tip to bring up with customer service will hopefully expedite the process.  Just another avenue to proceed with going forward.  I did not see anyone posting anything regarding GV and if I had, I would have been able to resolve my problem much quicker.  Happy I could be of some service and thank you for taking the time to respond.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.