cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS on GV not functioning

Journeyman

MMS on GV not functioning

Refer here for background: https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/voice/0KyY1l6rhpc/S2...

Following the discontinuation of MMS/SMS functionality in Google Hangouts, Google Voice can be used to send, but not receive, MMS messages: photos, group messages, etc.

This only occurs in Google Voice on Sprint - users of unintegrated Google Voice can both send and receive messages. 

However, if you port your number fully over to Google Voice, your line is automatically cancelled. (Which I don't want: I've been with Sprint for 10 years, like my local network coverage, like my plan...)

Is Sprint currently working on resolving these issues, or is there a usable workaround (create a second line on your account, for example, and swap your original number with it, and then port the original number from the second number over to Google Voice, cancelling the second line? Maybe? Any ideas?)

2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: MMS on GV not functioning

i would think this would be on Google to get figured out with Sprint. its the app itself that is not working with Sprint..same scenario if you downloaded an app 3 years ago that you just cant do without and all of a sudden it no longer works on your phone..was it the app, phone or carrier? in this case the app must be made to work with both the phone and carrier network.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: MMS on GV not functioning

You know, that's the party line from Sprint, but it doesn't address the problem.

The problem is that Google Voice on Sprint is both an app (which every Android user can install) and a service (which is exclusive to Sprint).

The app works fine, or at least it works fine for everyone else who doesn't use Google Voice on Sprint. The Google Voice on Sprint integration is what's broken; even if it is on the Google side of the technology system, Sprint's offered a service and I expect that Sprint will fix the service it offers.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.